Amy Winehouse's Family Releases Statement Following Her Death
Amy Winehouse's family has talked about the tragic death of the singer at the age of 27. Her father Mitch, mother Janis and older brother Alex and other family members released a statement where they described how Amy's passing has left a huge hole in their lives.
"Our family has been left bereft by the loss of Amy, a wonderful daughter, sister, niece. She leaves a gaping hole in our lives," the Winehouse family told Us Weekly. "We are coming together to remember her and we would appreciate some privacy and space at this terrible time."
Janis did not get a proper goodbye but she saw her daughter a day before her death on Saturday, July 23 during when she uttered "I love you, mum" before parting. "They are the words I will always treasure. I'm glad I saw her when I did," Janis said. The mother also said that Amy's death had been "only a matter of time" because during the visit "she seemed out of it". She added, "But her passing so suddenly still hasn't hit me."
Meanwhile, Mitch immediately canceled his scheduled performance in New York City and headed straight to home. "I'm getting on the next plane back. I'm coming home. I have to be with Amy," he reportedly said. "I can't crack up for her sake. My family needs me. I'm devastated; it's such a shock."
Police still can't determine the cause of death and called it "unexplained". Neighbor of Amy said that the night before her death he heard crying at 3:30 A.M. "like somebody mourning". Her bodyguard Ray Grange is believed to be the one who found her body and alerted the authorities.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent