Amy Winehouse's Family Releases Statement Following Her Death
Amy Winehouse's family has talked about the tragic death of the singer at the age of 27. Her father Mitch, mother Janis and older brother Alex and other family members released a statement where they described how Amy's passing has left a huge hole in their lives.
"Our family has been left bereft by the loss of Amy, a wonderful daughter, sister, niece. She leaves a gaping hole in our lives," the Winehouse family told Us Weekly. "We are coming together to remember her and we would appreciate some privacy and space at this terrible time."
Janis did not get a proper goodbye but she saw her daughter a day before her death on Saturday, July 23 during when she uttered "I love you, mum" before parting. "They are the words I will always treasure. I'm glad I saw her when I did," Janis said. The mother also said that Amy's death had been "only a matter of time" because during the visit "she seemed out of it". She added, "But her passing so suddenly still hasn't hit me."
Meanwhile, Mitch immediately canceled his scheduled performance in New York City and headed straight to home. "I'm getting on the next plane back. I'm coming home. I have to be with Amy," he reportedly said. "I can't crack up for her sake. My family needs me. I'm devastated; it's such a shock."
Police still can't determine the cause of death and called it "unexplained". Neighbor of Amy said that the night before her death he heard crying at 3:30 A.M. "like somebody mourning". Her bodyguard Ray Grange is believed to be the one who found her body and alerted the authorities.
- Comic-Con: 'Stargate' Is Revived With Prequel Series on Digital Platform
- Braless Ariel Winter Flaunts Major Sideboob in Barely-There Top
- Comic-Con: 'Marvel's Inhumans' Trailer Shows Medusa's Power and Ellen Woglom's Mystery Character
- Kevin Hart Denies Cheating Accusations: 'It's Absolutely Not True'
- SyFy's Krypton First Epic Teaser Trailer Is Here!
- Comic-Con: 'Doctor Doom' Solo Movie in the Works From 'Legion' Creator
- 'The Originals' to End After 5 Seasons
- Listen to Louis Tomlinson and Bebe Rexha's Emotional Duet 'Back to You'