Amy Winehouse's Family Releases Statement Following Her Death
Amy Winehouse's family has talked about the tragic death of the singer at the age of 27. Her father Mitch, mother Janis and older brother Alex and other family members released a statement where they described how Amy's passing has left a huge hole in their lives.
"Our family has been left bereft by the loss of Amy, a wonderful daughter, sister, niece. She leaves a gaping hole in our lives," the Winehouse family told Us Weekly. "We are coming together to remember her and we would appreciate some privacy and space at this terrible time."
Janis did not get a proper goodbye but she saw her daughter a day before her death on Saturday, July 23 during when she uttered "I love you, mum" before parting. "They are the words I will always treasure. I'm glad I saw her when I did," Janis said. The mother also said that Amy's death had been "only a matter of time" because during the visit "she seemed out of it". She added, "But her passing so suddenly still hasn't hit me."
Meanwhile, Mitch immediately canceled his scheduled performance in New York City and headed straight to home. "I'm getting on the next plane back. I'm coming home. I have to be with Amy," he reportedly said. "I can't crack up for her sake. My family needs me. I'm devastated; it's such a shock."
Police still can't determine the cause of death and called it "unexplained". Neighbor of Amy said that the night before her death he heard crying at 3:30 A.M. "like somebody mourning". Her bodyguard Ray Grange is believed to be the one who found her body and alerted the authorities.
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless in New Sultry Selfie
- Report: Emma Watson Getting Married in Big Sur This Summer
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons