Breaking: Amy Winehouse's Death Confirmed
Grammy-winning singer Amy Winehouse has passed away at the age of 27. Previously an unconfirmed story, the death has now been mentioned in a press release from the Metropolitan Police but cause of death remains "unexplained".
Winehouse's body was found in her apartment in London on Saturday, July 23 afternoon. "Police were called by London Ambulance Service to an address in Camden Square NW1 shortly before 16.05hrs today, Saturday 23 July, following reports of a woman found deceased," a statement from the police force which didn't mention Winehouse's name read. "On arrival officers found the body of a 27-year-old female who was pronounced dead at the scene."
Last month, the "Back to Black" singer stopped her European tour after a disastrous performance in Serbia. A month in prior, she checked into a treatment facility under her father's encouragement to seek help.
Listen to Amy's popular song 'Rehab', 'Back to Black' and 'You Know I'm No Good'!
- Comic-Con: 'Sherlock' Season 4 Trailer Teases the Demons Within, Star Says It's the Darkest Season
- Moving on? Iggy Azalea Spotted Cozying Up to French Montana at Las Vegas Club
- Lil Wayne Abruptly Walks Off Stage at Marijuana Festival After Just 10 Minutes
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video