Breaking: Amy Winehouse's Death Confirmed
Grammy-winning singer Amy Winehouse has passed away at the age of 27. Previously an unconfirmed story, the death has now been mentioned in a press release from the Metropolitan Police but cause of death remains "unexplained".
Winehouse's body was found in her apartment in London on Saturday, July 23 afternoon. "Police were called by London Ambulance Service to an address in Camden Square NW1 shortly before 16.05hrs today, Saturday 23 July, following reports of a woman found deceased," a statement from the police force which didn't mention Winehouse's name read. "On arrival officers found the body of a 27-year-old female who was pronounced dead at the scene."
Last month, the "Back to Black" singer stopped her European tour after a disastrous performance in Serbia. A month in prior, she checked into a treatment facility under her father's encouragement to seek help.
Listen to Amy's popular song 'Rehab', 'Back to Black' and 'You Know I'm No Good'!
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes