Breaking: Amy Winehouse's Death Confirmed
Grammy-winning singer Amy Winehouse has passed away at the age of 27. Previously an unconfirmed story, the death has now been mentioned in a press release from the Metropolitan Police but cause of death remains "unexplained".
Winehouse's body was found in her apartment in London on Saturday, July 23 afternoon. "Police were called by London Ambulance Service to an address in Camden Square NW1 shortly before 16.05hrs today, Saturday 23 July, following reports of a woman found deceased," a statement from the police force which didn't mention Winehouse's name read. "On arrival officers found the body of a 27-year-old female who was pronounced dead at the scene."
Last month, the "Back to Black" singer stopped her European tour after a disastrous performance in Serbia. A month in prior, she checked into a treatment facility under her father's encouragement to seek help.
Listen to Amy's popular song 'Rehab', 'Back to Black' and 'You Know I'm No Good'!
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris