Breaking: Amy Winehouse's Death Confirmed
Grammy-winning singer Amy Winehouse has passed away at the age of 27. Previously an unconfirmed story, the death has now been mentioned in a press release from the Metropolitan Police but cause of death remains "unexplained".
Winehouse's body was found in her apartment in London on Saturday, July 23 afternoon. "Police were called by London Ambulance Service to an address in Camden Square NW1 shortly before 16.05hrs today, Saturday 23 July, following reports of a woman found deceased," a statement from the police force which didn't mention Winehouse's name read. "On arrival officers found the body of a 27-year-old female who was pronounced dead at the scene."
Last month, the "Back to Black" singer stopped her European tour after a disastrous performance in Serbia. A month in prior, she checked into a treatment facility under her father's encouragement to seek help.
Listen to Amy's popular song 'Rehab', 'Back to Black' and 'You Know I'm No Good'!
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie
- J.K. Rowling Quickly Shuts Down 'The Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy Rumor
- Kate Hudson's Brother Hilariously Reacts to Rumor That the Actress Is Dating Brad Pitt
- Adele Added to 2017 Grammy Award Performers List
- LGBT Page Disappears From White House's Website After Trump's Inauguration, Twitter Freaks Out
- Shia LaBeouf Starts Four-Year Anti-Trump Live-Stream Protest on Inauguration Day
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day
- 'Green Lantern Corps' Is Eying Ryan Reynolds, Bradley Cooper and Tom Cruise