Breaking: Amy Winehouse's Death Confirmed
Grammy-winning singer Amy Winehouse has passed away at the age of 27. Previously an unconfirmed story, the death has now been mentioned in a press release from the Metropolitan Police but cause of death remains "unexplained".
Winehouse's body was found in her apartment in London on Saturday, July 23 afternoon. "Police were called by London Ambulance Service to an address in Camden Square NW1 shortly before 16.05hrs today, Saturday 23 July, following reports of a woman found deceased," a statement from the police force which didn't mention Winehouse's name read. "On arrival officers found the body of a 27-year-old female who was pronounced dead at the scene."
Last month, the "Back to Black" singer stopped her European tour after a disastrous performance in Serbia. A month in prior, she checked into a treatment facility under her father's encouragement to seek help.
Listen to Amy's popular song 'Rehab', 'Back to Black' and 'You Know I'm No Good'!
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son