Matt Damon Shaves His Head Bald for Tough Guy Role in 'Elysium'
Matt Damon has gone bald. The "Bourne Identity" actor shaved his head completely for his role in Neill Blomkamp-directed movie "Elysium", and he was spotted showing off his new look when taking a break from shooting the film in Vancouver earlier this week.
Scheduled for March 1, 2013 U.S. release, "Elysium" is a science fiction flick which contains "many socio-political ideas". It's set 150 years in the future and has the social allegory elements ala "District 9". Joining Damon in the cast ensemble include Sharlto Copley, Jodie Foster and Alice Braga.
Beside Damon, fellow stars Jake Gyllenhaal and Channing Tatum have previously been spotted with bald head. The former is confirmed to have done it for his new movie "End of Watch", while the latter is rumored to do it for "G.I. Joe 2: Cobra Strikes".
In the female department, Dakota Fanning and Vanessa Hudgens created a buzz for ditching their long locks for boyish look. The vampire Jane of the "Twilight Saga" got her hair cut short for her film "Now Is Good", and the former "High School Musical" star chopped off her hair for "Gimme Shelter".
- Netflix Is Back After Crash Following 'Luke Cage' Premiere
- Gigi Hadid Trips on Runway at Paris Fashion Week
- Mail Order Bride Comedy Canned by NBC After Getting Backlash
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress