Matt Damon Shaves His Head Bald for Tough Guy Role in 'Elysium'
Matt Damon has gone bald. The "Bourne Identity" actor shaved his head completely for his role in Neill Blomkamp-directed movie "Elysium", and he was spotted showing off his new look when taking a break from shooting the film in Vancouver earlier this week.
Scheduled for March 1, 2013 U.S. release, "Elysium" is a science fiction flick which contains "many socio-political ideas". It's set 150 years in the future and has the social allegory elements ala "District 9". Joining Damon in the cast ensemble include Sharlto Copley, Jodie Foster and Alice Braga.
Beside Damon, fellow stars Jake Gyllenhaal and Channing Tatum have previously been spotted with bald head. The former is confirmed to have done it for his new movie "End of Watch", while the latter is rumored to do it for "G.I. Joe 2: Cobra Strikes".
In the female department, Dakota Fanning and Vanessa Hudgens created a buzz for ditching their long locks for boyish look. The vampire Jane of the "Twilight Saga" got her hair cut short for her film "Now Is Good", and the former "High School Musical" star chopped off her hair for "Gimme Shelter".
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease
- CL's Boobs Almost Pop Out of Her Plunging Black Dress at Chanel Exhibition
- 'Venom' to Feature Carnage as Its Main Villain
- Christina Perri Announces Engagement to Boyfriend Paul Costabile - See the Beautiful Ring!
- Is Kendall Jenner Feuding With Victoria's Secret Models?
- New 'Blade Runner 2049' Featurette Brings Harrison Ford Home, Hints at Uninvited Guest