Another Vandal Trashed David Letterman's 'Late Show' Home to Get Attention
Ed Sullivan Theater in New York has been vandalized twice in less than a week. Alvin Moore broke into the theater, where "Late Show with David Letterman" is taped, on Thursday, July 14 because "he was jealous of the publicity the first individual received Monday," so New York police commissioner Ray Kelly said.
The 42-year-old aspiring musician used a newspaper box to break multiple glass panes at about 1 A.M. He was tackled by a golf club-wielding security guard, "who called the cops and told them we have another copycat." Kelly added that the copycat vandal was aware of the previous break-in attempt and did the crime to help his music career.
Moore was taken to St. Luke's Hospital to be treated for a head wound which he got during a scuffle with the security guard. He was later brought to the Manhattan North police station and charged with third-degree criminal mischief and menacing.
Previously, James Whittemore trashed the building on Sunday morning, July 10. The 22-year-old theater actor was charged with burglary and criminal mischief, and accused of at least $2,000 in damage. His attorney said, "He was intoxicated to the point that he doesn't remember."
David Letterman then poked fun at the incident, which did not affect the taping schedule of his late night show, because his studio was not harmed. The 64-year-old comedian, however, may not be able to address the second break-in in a Thursday or Friday episode because they both have been recorded earlier this week.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7