Another Vandal Trashed David Letterman's 'Late Show' Home to Get Attention
Ed Sullivan Theater in New York has been vandalized twice in less than a week. Alvin Moore broke into the theater, where "Late Show with David Letterman" is taped, on Thursday, July 14 because "he was jealous of the publicity the first individual received Monday," so New York police commissioner Ray Kelly said.
The 42-year-old aspiring musician used a newspaper box to break multiple glass panes at about 1 A.M. He was tackled by a golf club-wielding security guard, "who called the cops and told them we have another copycat." Kelly added that the copycat vandal was aware of the previous break-in attempt and did the crime to help his music career.
Moore was taken to St. Luke's Hospital to be treated for a head wound which he got during a scuffle with the security guard. He was later brought to the Manhattan North police station and charged with third-degree criminal mischief and menacing.
Previously, James Whittemore trashed the building on Sunday morning, July 10. The 22-year-old theater actor was charged with burglary and criminal mischief, and accused of at least $2,000 in damage. His attorney said, "He was intoxicated to the point that he doesn't remember."
David Letterman then poked fun at the incident, which did not affect the taping schedule of his late night show, because his studio was not harmed. The 64-year-old comedian, however, may not be able to address the second break-in in a Thursday or Friday episode because they both have been recorded earlier this week.
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'