Video: 'David Letterman Show' Studio Repaired After Being Vandalized
Ed Sullivan Theater needs some reparation after being vandalized by a man on Sunday, July 10. A Brooklyn glass repair company, Dependable Glass, sent their employee to the place where "Late Show with David Letterman" is taped to fix the six doors whose glass was broken into pieces by James Whittemore that day.
The 22-year-old man was arrested for breaking into and trashing the entrance of the building after police responded to a 911 call of a burglary at around 7 A.M. He reportedly kicked the doors with his feet and upended trash cans, but he did not harm the set of the late night show.
"We were notified that NYPD apprehended an intruder who gained access and vandalized the lobby of the Ed Sullivan Theater this morning," CBS and Worldwide Pants said in a joint statement. "The Late Show's set was not accessed, however, and the show will be taping as usual tomorrow. We are grateful for the NYPD's quick and effective response."
Whittemore was charged with burglary and criminal mischief, and accused of at least $2,000 in damage, cops said. He was hospitalized with a cut on his forehead, and believed to be intoxicated when breaking into the historic building.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3