Video: 'David Letterman Show' Studio Repaired After Being Vandalized
Ed Sullivan Theater needs some reparation after being vandalized by a man on Sunday, July 10. A Brooklyn glass repair company, Dependable Glass, sent their employee to the place where "Late Show with David Letterman" is taped to fix the six doors whose glass was broken into pieces by James Whittemore that day.
The 22-year-old man was arrested for breaking into and trashing the entrance of the building after police responded to a 911 call of a burglary at around 7 A.M. He reportedly kicked the doors with his feet and upended trash cans, but he did not harm the set of the late night show.
"We were notified that NYPD apprehended an intruder who gained access and vandalized the lobby of the Ed Sullivan Theater this morning," CBS and Worldwide Pants said in a joint statement. "The Late Show's set was not accessed, however, and the show will be taping as usual tomorrow. We are grateful for the NYPD's quick and effective response."
Whittemore was charged with burglary and criminal mischief, and accused of at least $2,000 in damage, cops said. He was hospitalized with a cut on his forehead, and believed to be intoxicated when breaking into the historic building.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding