Video: 'David Letterman Show' Studio Repaired After Being Vandalized
Ed Sullivan Theater needs some reparation after being vandalized by a man on Sunday, July 10. A Brooklyn glass repair company, Dependable Glass, sent their employee to the place where "Late Show with David Letterman" is taped to fix the six doors whose glass was broken into pieces by James Whittemore that day.
The 22-year-old man was arrested for breaking into and trashing the entrance of the building after police responded to a 911 call of a burglary at around 7 A.M. He reportedly kicked the doors with his feet and upended trash cans, but he did not harm the set of the late night show.
"We were notified that NYPD apprehended an intruder who gained access and vandalized the lobby of the Ed Sullivan Theater this morning," CBS and Worldwide Pants said in a joint statement. "The Late Show's set was not accessed, however, and the show will be taping as usual tomorrow. We are grateful for the NYPD's quick and effective response."
Whittemore was charged with burglary and criminal mischief, and accused of at least $2,000 in damage, cops said. He was hospitalized with a cut on his forehead, and believed to be intoxicated when breaking into the historic building.
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke