Jimmy Kimmel Spoofs Melissa Leo for Emmy Awards Campaign Ad
Jimmy Kimmel, along with Pee Wee Herman, pokes fun at senior actress Melissa Leo in his 2011 Emmy Awards campaign ad. Imitating "The Fighter" actress' trademark pose on a glamorous photo shoot for her 2011 Academy Awards campaign, the TV host appears in a "For Your Consideration" ad to try to woo Emmy voters.
Sporting a black low-cut dress, the 43-year-old comedian copies Melissa's pose to promote his ABC talk show, "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" for the annual awards event. Similar to his buddy, Pee Wee also spoofs the 50-year-old actress by posing at a pool side, donning a long fur coat with a tag-line that read, "Consider... The Pee Wee Herman Show on Broadway".
Melissa's original version of the campaign ads were actually criticized earlier this year although she defended it. "This entire awards process to some degree is about pimping yourself out," the "21 Grams" star claimed on New York Times. "I'm confident my fans will understand the ads about showing a different side of myself." Through the controversial ads, she has successfully gained support that brought her to win the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress for "The Fighter".
More Jimmy Kimmel News
- Khloe Kardashian Reveals Secret to Her Big and Perky Butt
- Disney Opens Up About Leia's Role, Han Solo Movie and the Future of 'Star Wars'
- Rihanna's Pals Begging Her to Stay Away From Chris Brown Amid Rumors Exes Are Reconnecting
- Elisabeth Moss Stands Up for Herself in 'Handmaid's Tale' Full Trailer
- Kendrick Lamar Goes After Donald Trump and Fellow Rapper on 'The Heart Part 4'
- New 'Alien: Covenant' Poster Features Xenomorphs Suffocating the Engineers
- Listen to David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' Feat. Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne
- Britney Spears Freaks Out After Sex Tape Leaks Online