Jimmy Kimmel Spoofs Melissa Leo for Emmy Awards Campaign Ad
Jimmy Kimmel, along with Pee Wee Herman, pokes fun at senior actress Melissa Leo in his 2011 Emmy Awards campaign ad. Imitating "The Fighter" actress' trademark pose on a glamorous photo shoot for her 2011 Academy Awards campaign, the TV host appears in a "For Your Consideration" ad to try to woo Emmy voters.
Sporting a black low-cut dress, the 43-year-old comedian copies Melissa's pose to promote his ABC talk show, "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" for the annual awards event. Similar to his buddy, Pee Wee also spoofs the 50-year-old actress by posing at a pool side, donning a long fur coat with a tag-line that read, "Consider... The Pee Wee Herman Show on Broadway".
Melissa's original version of the campaign ads were actually criticized earlier this year although she defended it. "This entire awards process to some degree is about pimping yourself out," the "21 Grams" star claimed on New York Times. "I'm confident my fans will understand the ads about showing a different side of myself." Through the controversial ads, she has successfully gained support that brought her to win the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress for "The Fighter".
More Jimmy Kimmel News
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern