'American Idol' Result: Casey Abrams Finally Dumped
It's really over this time for Casey Abrams on "American Idol". On April 27, the 20-year-old singer was voted off the competition after being saved by the judges when he was on the lowest position five weeks ago.
Before it was revealed who would be going home, Ryan Seacrest had warned that the result would upset some people. In random order, Casey, Scotty McCreery and Jacob Lusk were the last three remaining on the stage to learn their fates after the other contestants had been sent to safety.
Casey was then announced to be eliminated from the show. Although the judges were smitten by his jazzy performance of "Hi-De-Ho" the night before, they could not do anything because they had used The Save for him.
Earlier the night, mentor Jimmy Iovine said Casey growls too much. Although he thought Casey would be safe, he jokingly said, "Casey has got to realize that the family dog does not vote on this show."
"American Idol" result show has Bruno Mars as a musical guest. He catered audience with "The Lazy Song" toward the end of the show.
More American Idol News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story