'American Idol' Eliminates Thia Megia and Naima Adedapo
"American Idol" continues to reduce the number of female contestants. After Ashthon Jones and Karen Rodriguez, the show's viewers opted to let go Thia Megia and Naima Adedapo on the fourth week which saw double eliminations because the judges saved Casey Abrams last week.
Earlier in the night, the gang was divided into teams to perform and Ryan Seacrest announced who stays and who might not after each performance. Lauren Alaina and Scotty McCreery sang "I Told You So" which was brought as a duet by Randy Travis and Carrie Underwood back in 2009. Both of them were safe.
Naima and Jacob Lusk sang "Solid". Naima was the first who was sent to the bottom, while Jacob was safe. Pia Toscano, Thia and Haley Reinhart performed Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream". Thia joined Naima in the bottom three, while Pia and Haley were announced to return to the stage next week.
Paul McDonald, Stefano Langone, James Durbin and Casey formed their "house band" and performed "Band on the Run". Steven Tyler said they "can open for Aerosmith next door." But they had to part ways for a while as Paul was sent to the bottom three.
Before Ryan announced who should go home that night, Jamie Foxx and will.i.am perform "Hot Wings" from the soundtrack of 20th Century Fox's animated movie "Rio". After the colorful performance, Paul, Thia and Naima were back on the center stage and learned that Paul was safe, which means the two ladies were eliminated.
On the Thursday, March 31 result show, season 3 "Idol" alumna Fantasia Barrino also performed. She sang "Collard Greens and Corn Bread" in between the contestants' performances.
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M
- Mandy Moore Talks About Her Lesbian Mother and Gay Brothers