Tributes Pour In for Late Dennis Hopper
Legendary actor Dennis Hopper has ended his journey on Saturday morning, May 29 at his home in Venice, California with his family and friends at his bedside, after failing to fight his prostate cancer. And following his death, tributes to him have poured in from fans and fellow stars.
Hopper's "Easy Rider" co-star Peter Fonda told EW, "Dennis introduced me to the world of Pop Art and 'lost' films." Fonda added, "We rode the highways of America and changed the way movies were made in Hollywood. I was blessed by his passion and friendship."
"As an actor, one is always taken by someone who is different," Hopper's co-star in 1986 film "Hoosiers", Gene Hackman, revealed. "An iconoclast, Dennis was an artist and I will always treasure having worked with him. He will be missed."
Meanwhile, Isabella Rossellini, who stars along side the late Hollywood legend in "Blue Velvet", shared to the site, "When I first met Dennis on the set of 'Blue Velvet', he had just come out of rehab. I was afraid of him, but Dennis turned out to be infinitely kind, compassionate and understanding."
"He had gone to hell and came back from it with great wisdom," Rossellini continued. "It will take me a while to realize and accept he isn't with us any longer."
Former Guns N' Roses' rocker Slash also took to his Twitter page to honor Hopper, writing "You take the great ones for granted until they're gone. RIP Dennis Hopper," while actress Christina Applegate tweeted, "Sweet Dennis Hopper. Bless you for your gifts you gave us all these years."
Two months before his death, Dennis Hopper was honored with the 2,403rd star on the Walk of Fame on Hollywood Boulevard in front of the Egyptian Theater. Although during the ceremony Hopper looked frail, he still showed a good spirit as he took the stage.
Dying at the age of 74, Hopper had battled prostate cancer since 2002. He first revealed his fight with the disease in October 2009 after he was admitted to hospital for "severe flu-like symptoms." He underwent treatment at the University of Southern California although doctors claimed that his cancer has spread.
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film