Tributes Pour In for Late Dennis Hopper
Legendary actor Dennis Hopper has ended his journey on Saturday morning, May 29 at his home in Venice, California with his family and friends at his bedside, after failing to fight his prostate cancer. And following his death, tributes to him have poured in from fans and fellow stars.
Hopper's "Easy Rider" co-star Peter Fonda told EW, "Dennis introduced me to the world of Pop Art and 'lost' films." Fonda added, "We rode the highways of America and changed the way movies were made in Hollywood. I was blessed by his passion and friendship."
"As an actor, one is always taken by someone who is different," Hopper's co-star in 1986 film "Hoosiers", Gene Hackman, revealed. "An iconoclast, Dennis was an artist and I will always treasure having worked with him. He will be missed."
Meanwhile, Isabella Rossellini, who stars along side the late Hollywood legend in "Blue Velvet", shared to the site, "When I first met Dennis on the set of 'Blue Velvet', he had just come out of rehab. I was afraid of him, but Dennis turned out to be infinitely kind, compassionate and understanding."
"He had gone to hell and came back from it with great wisdom," Rossellini continued. "It will take me a while to realize and accept he isn't with us any longer."
Former Guns N' Roses' rocker Slash also took to his Twitter page to honor Hopper, writing "You take the great ones for granted until they're gone. RIP Dennis Hopper," while actress Christina Applegate tweeted, "Sweet Dennis Hopper. Bless you for your gifts you gave us all these years."
Two months before his death, Dennis Hopper was honored with the 2,403rd star on the Walk of Fame on Hollywood Boulevard in front of the Egyptian Theater. Although during the ceremony Hopper looked frail, he still showed a good spirit as he took the stage.
Dying at the age of 74, Hopper had battled prostate cancer since 2002. He first revealed his fight with the disease in October 2009 after he was admitted to hospital for "severe flu-like symptoms." He underwent treatment at the University of Southern California although doctors claimed that his cancer has spread.
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video