Katy Perry Wants Permanent Slot on 'American Idol'
Katy Perry has come up with a proposal for FOX to hire her as the permanent judge of "American Idol". The singer who sat as a guest judge during Los Angeles audition told MTV, "The 'American Idol' experience was awesome. If I was offered that job as a permanent host, I would ditch my career and take on that career."
Jokingly saying that she made some people cry during the selection, Perry said, "It's kind of like judging a talent show. 'American Idol' was great fun. It was so easy." She added, "I didn't really make anybody cry, but I did tell the truth to some kids that might have needed to hear it."
Perry in fact made quite an impression during her stint for disagreeing with Kara DioGuardi and ending up in some kind of feud with the judge. Perry told DioGuardi, "Don't ever put someone through because you feel bad" at one point and said, "Please stop or I'll have to throw my Coke in your face" when DioGuardi started to mock her song "I Kissed a Girl".
DioGuardi came by Ryan Seacrest's radio show on Wednesday, January 27 morning to clarify that there's no actual feud between her and Perry. "When I look at it, I think that it's really funny," she said. "I think that it's really good that she disagreed with me. I think that it's important that people have different opinions or else who wants to watch the show? It'd be boring."
More American Idol News
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary