Rapper-Actor DMX Arrested for Speeding and Reckless Driving
The meltdown continues. DMX goes from one low to another as he was arrested at his Arizona home Tuesday, May 6 after being caught on camera racing down in his bright yellow 1966 Chevrolet in a Phoenix-area freeway at upwards of 114 miles per hour (183 kph) way back in January.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety confirmed Wednesday, May 7 the rapper-actor was taken into custody without incident Tuesday afternoon at his Cave Creek, Arizona, residence. He was booked into jail and released on bond the following day. He was charged with racing on a highway, reckless driving, two counts of endangerment and three counts of criminal speed and driving on a suspended license.
Per the authorities, DMX was caught on electronically activated cameras placed along the Loop 101 freeway in Scottsdale in his 1966 Chevrolet Nova II traveling at various speeds over 100 mph (161 kph). The speed limit in the area, in fact, is only 65 mph (105 kph).
Detailing on the unfortunate, took place on January 21, the Arizona police explained stationary cameras first snapped DMX driving his yellow vehicle on the northbound lanes of the Loop 101 at a speed of 100 miles per hour. A minute later as his car reached the Loop 101 at Cactus, cameras recorded him speeding at 114 mph and less than three minutes later he was caught on camera at 101 miles per hour.
And following a series of investigation, the authorities thus confirmed the culprit as DMX. The actor-rapper was said to be very "cooperative" during his arrest. An attorney for him told reporters he had no comment on the charges. No details just yet on his next arraignment. Below is the video of the incident which was obtained by TMZ.
- Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M