Adele Defends Decision to Call Off Residency in January, Insists Fans Wouldn't Have Liked the Show
Instagram
Music

The 'Easy On Me' hitmaker is proud of her Las Vegas residency because she has worked very hard for it after previously putting the show on hold at the last minute.

AceShowbiz - Adele told concertgoers she worked her "absolute a*** off" to create her Las Vegas show. Referring to her previous show, which was postponed just 24 hours before the opening night after her team suffered a COVID outbreak, the 34-year-old singer claimed they "wouldn't have liked" the show.

"I worked my absolute a*** off for this. I couldn't have done that other show and you wouldn't have liked it either, I'm telling you that," she said on stage.

The "Easy on Me" hitmaker - who is one of the world's best-selling artists - also joked that her fans will enjoy her show more after they've had a few drinks. According to the Sunday Mirror newspaper, she told fans, "Go and order some drinks … the drunker you are, the better I am."

Earlier this year, an insider explained that Adele had made a conscious decision to make her shows at Caesars Palace more "intimate" than she previously planned. The source said, "Adele has revised her plan for the show, has stripped it back. The production will be very classy, the show is centred on her energy and vocals."

Adele postponed her entire residency in January and the award-winning star subsequently took to social media to explain the decision to her fans. The London-born singer also apologised to her fans but insisted that it was "impossible to finish the show."

Adele said on Instagram at the time, "I'm so sorry, but my show ain't ready. Half my team have COVID and it's been impossible to finish the show." Adele also confessed to feeling "embarrassed" about the situation. She said, "I'm sorry, it's last minute. I'm so upset and I'm really embarrassed and I'm so sorry to everyone that's travelled again."

You can share this post!

You might also like
Related Posts