Mike Tyson on Jake Paul Fight Rumors: 'This Is New to Me'
Instagram
Celebrity

While he has no idea about his rumored match with Jake, the heavyweight boxing champion previously admitted that he is open to fighting either the 25-year-old or his brother Logan Paul.

AceShowbiz - Mike Tyson has been left in the dark about a rumored fight with Jake Paul. When shutting down the speculations on his Twitter page, the former professional boxer said that the news "is new" to him.

On Monday, January 17, the 55-year-old quote-retweeted The Sun's article that read, "Mike Tyson in advanced talks with Jake Paul about £36m fight after verbally agreeing deal despite 30-YEAR age gap." In the accompanying message, he wrote, "This is new to me. I saw Jake in St. Barths and he never mentioned it."

Mike Tyson's Tweet

Mike Tyson shut down rumors he will have a fight with Jake Paul.

About the rumored match between Mike and Jake, a source told The Sun, "Mike and Jake are on board for an exhibition bout in Las Vegas." The source added, "A verbal deal has been struck to get it on, but like all forms of sports business, now it's all about the contracts and money split."

"Mike is looking for a certain figure to get into the ring with a profit share guarantee," the insider went on explaining. "Jake obviously has that on his mind but is keen to show the world that stepping into the ring with a man once called the baddest man on the planet, takes his boxing career to the next level. This fight bridges the gap between old school boxing fans and the new generation of followers."

Mike himself previously admitted that he is open to fighting either Jake or his brother Logan Paul because it could make good money. "That is the fight for the money. Those are the money-making fights, those guys got 35 million people to watch," he said.

"Yes. Hell, I would fight them. They would fight me. That would make a lot of money," the heavyweight boxing champion, dubbed Iron Mike, elaborated further. "Hundred million dollars, they do anything, they don’t mind getting beat up for a hundred million dollars."

Mike confirmed his return to boxing back in November 2021. "I am going to have a return fight in February and we are pretty sceptical about the opponent but it will be a really stimulating opponent," he told The Sun.

You can share this post!

Related Posts