'American Horror Story', 'Fargo' and 'Sherlock' are eying an award in Long-Form category, while 'Downton Abbey', 'Game of Thrones' and 'True Detective' are nominated for Episodic Television, Drama.
AceShowbiz - The Producers Guild of America Awards has unveiled the nominations for its 26th annual prize-giving event. In TV field, such acclaimed series as "American Horror Story", "Fargo", "House of Cards" and "True Detective" no surprisingly made it into the list.
"AHS", with its latest installment "Freak Show", is competing with "Fargo", "The Normal Heart", "The Roosevelts: An Intimate History" and "Sherlock" for the Outstanding Producer title in Long-Form Television.
"Breaking Bad", which ended its run in 2013, has its last shot at winning a PGA Award. It's nominated in Episodic Television, Drama category, up against "Downton Abbey", "Game of Thrones", "House of Cards" and "True Detective".
"The Big Bang Theory", "Louie", "Modern Family", "Orange is the New Black" and "Veep", meanwhile, are eying the prize for Outstanding Producer of Episodic Television, Comedy.
"The Amazing Race", "Dancing with the Stars" and "The Voice" are among nominees for Competition Television, while "The Colbert Report" is battling it out with freshman "Last Week Tonight with John Oliver", "Jimmy Kimmel Live!", "Real Time with Bill Maher" and "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" for Outstanding Producer of Live Entertainment & Talk Television.
The winners, including those in , will be announced in a gala held on Saturday, January 24 in Los Angeles.
Outstanding Producer of Long-Form Television:
Outstanding Producer of Episodic Television, Drama:
- "American Horror Story: Freak Show" (FX) - Producers: Brad Buecker, Dante Di Loreto, Brad Falchuk, Joseph Incaprera, Alexis Martin Woodall, Tim Minear, Ryan Murphy, Jennifer Salt, James Wong
- "Fargo" (FX) - Producers: Adam Bernstein, John Cameron, Ethan Coen, Joel Coen, Michael Frislev, Noah Hawley, Warren Littlefield, Chad Oakes, Kim Todd
- "The Normal Heart" (HBO) - Producers: Jason Blum, Dante Di Loreto, Scott Ferguson, Dede Gardner, Alexis Martin Woodall, Ryan Murphy, %cBrad Pitt%, %cMark Ruffalo%
- "The Roosevelts: An Intimate History" (PBS) - Producers: To Be Determined
- "Sherlock" (PBS) - Producers: %cMark Gatiss%, Steven Moffat, Beryl Vertue, Sue Vertue
Outstanding Producer of Episodic Television, Comedy:
- "Breaking Bad" (AMC) - Producers: Melissa Bernstein, Sam Catlin, %cBryan Cranston%, Vince Gilligan, Peter Gould, Mark Johnson, Stewart Lyons, Michelle MacLaren, George Mastras, Diane Mercer, Thomas Schnauz, Moira Walley-Beckett
- "Downton Abbey" (PBS) - Producers: Julian Fellowes, Nigel Marchant, Gareth Neame, Liz Trubridge
- "Game of Thrones" (HBO) - Producers: David Benioff, Bernadette Caulfield, Frank Doelger, Chris Newman, Greg Spence, Carolyn Strauss, D.B. Weiss
- "House of Cards" (Netflix) - Producers: Dana Brunetti, Joshua Donen, David Fincher, David Manson, Iain Paterson, Eric Roth, %cKevin Spacey%, Beau Willimon
- "True Detective" (HBO) - Producers: Richard Brown, Carol Cuddy, Steve Golin, %cWoody Harrelson%, Cary Joji Fukunaga, %cMatthew McConaughey%, Nic Pizzolatto, Scott Stephens
Outstanding Producer of Non-Fiction Television:
- "The Big Bang Theory" (CBS) - Producers: Faye Oshima Belyeu, Chuck Lorre, Steve Molaro, Bill Prady
- "Louie" (FX) - Producers: Pamela Adlon, Dave Becky, M. Blair Breard, %cLouis C.K.%, Vernon Chatman, Adam Escott, Steven Wright
- "Modern Family" (ABC) - Producers: Paul Corrigan, Megan Ganz, Abraham Higginbotham, Ben Karlin, Elaine Ko, Steven Levitan, Christopher Lloyd, Jeff Morton, Dan O'Shannon, Jeffrey Richman, Chris Smirnoff, Brad Walsh, Bill Wrubel, Sally Young, Danny Zuker
- "Orange is the New Black" (Netflix) - Producers: Mark A. Burley, Sara Hess, Jenji Kohan, Gary Lennon, Neri Tannenbaum, Michael Trim, Lisa I. Vinnecour
- "Veep" (HBO) - Producers: Chris Addison, Simon Blackwell, Christopher Godsick, Armando Iannucci, Stephanie Laing, %cJulia Louis-Dreyfus%, Frank Rich, Tony Roche
Outstanding Producer of Competition Television:
- "30 for 30" (ESPN) - Producers: Andy Billman, John Dahl, Erin Leyden, Connor Schell, Bill Simmons
- "American Masters" (PBS) - Producers: Susan Lacy, Julie Sacks, Junko Tsunashima
- "Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown" (CNN) - Producers: Anthony Bourdain, Christopher Collins, Lydia Tenaglia, Sandra Zweig
- "COSMOS: A SpaceTime Odyssey" (FOX/NatGeo) - Producers: Brannon Braga, Mitchell Cannold, Jason Clark, Ann Druyan, Livia Hanich, Steve Holtzman, Seth MacFarlane
- "Shark Tank" (ABC) - Producers: Becky Blitz, Mark Burnett, Bill Gaudsmith, Phil Gurin, Yun Lingner, Clay Newbill, Jim Roush, Laura Roush, Max Swedlow
Outstanding Producer of Live Entertainment & Talk Television:
- "The Amazing Race" (CBS) - Producers: Jerry Bruckheimer, Elise Doganieri, Jonathan Littman, Bertram van Munster, Mark Vertullo
- "Dancing with the Stars" (ABC) - Producers: Ashley Edens Shaffer, Conrad Green, Joe Sungkur
- "Project Runway" (Lifetime) - Producers: Jane Cha Cutler, Desiree Gruber, %cTim Gunn%, %cHeidi Klum%, Jonathan Murray, Sara Rea, Teri Weideman
- "Top Chef" (Bravo) - Producers: Doneen Arquines, Daniel Cutforth, Casey Kriley, Jane Lipsitz, Hillary Olsen, Erica Ross, Tara Siener, Shealan Spencer
- "The Voice" (NBC) - Producers: Stijn Bakkers, Mark Burnett, John De Mol, Chad Hines, Lee Metzger, Audrey Morrissey, Jim Roush, Kyra Thompson, Mike Yurchuk, Amanda Zucker
Outstanding Sports Program:
- "The Colbert Report" (Comedy Central) - Producers: Meredith Bennett, Tanya Michnevich Bracco, %cStephen Colbert%, Richard Dahm, Paul Dinello, Barry Julien, Matt Lappin, Emily Lazar, Tom Purcell, %cJon Stewart%
- "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" (ABC) - Producers: David Craig, Ken Crosby, Doug DeLuca, Gary Greenberg, Erin Irwin, %cJimmy Kimmel%, Jill Leiderman, Molly McNearney, Tony Romero, Jason Schrift, Jennifer Sharron, Seth Weidner, Josh Weintraub
- "Last Week Tonight with John Oliver" (HBO) - Producers: Tim Carvell, %cJohn Oliver%, Liz Stanton
- "Real Time with Bill Maher" (HBO) - Producers: Scott Carter, Sheila Griffiths, Marc Gurvitz, Dean Johnsen, %cBill Maher%, Billy Martin, Matt Wood
- "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" (NBC) - Producers: Rob Crabbe, Jamie Granet Bederman, Katie Hockmeyer, Jim Juvonen, Josh Lieb, Brian McDonald, Lorne Michaels, Gavin Purcell
Outstanding Children's Program:
Outstanding Digital Series:
- "24/7" (HBO)
- "Hard Knocks: Training Camp With The Atlanta Falcons" (HBO)
- "Hard Knocks: Training Camp With The Cincinnati Bengals" (HBO)
- "Inside: U.S. Soccer's March to Brazil" (ESPN)
- "Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel" (HBO)
- "30 for 30 Shorts" (http://espn.go.com/30for30/shorts)
- "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee" (http://www.crackle.com/c/comedians-in-cars-getting-coffee)
- "COSMOS: A National Geographic Deeper Dive" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkiFfAEB5M8)
- "Epic Rap Battles of History" (http://youtube.com/erb)
- "Video Game High School Season 3" (https://www.youtube.com/user/freddiew)