Edie Falco Steals Show From Ben Stiller
In the Broadway revival, Ben Stiller plays a zookeeper and aspiring songwriter named Artie Shaughnessy who struggles to balance a life with his schizophrenic wife Bananas, played by "The Sopranos"' Edie Falco, and his mistress Bunny, portrayed by Jennifer Jason Leigh.
Although the "Zoolander" actor was cast as the star, Falco has won over critics, garnering significant praise for what a New York Times reviewer called a "transfixing" performance in a play that "sinks".
New York Daily News writer Joe Dziemianowicz complimented Stiller for his hidden talents, proclaiming he "plays piano and sings impressively", while Terry Teachout The House Of Blue Leaves the Wall Street Journal insisted Falco is "definitely the star of this show".
Stiller has close personal ties to the show - he played his character's son Ronnie in its 1986 run at New York's Lincoln Center and his mother, Anne Meara, starred as Bunny in the first production of the play back in 1971.
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016
- Kanye West Debuts Blonde Hair While Making First Public Appearance Since Hospitalization
- 'Logan' Reveals First Look at Richard E. Grant's Zander Rice
- Candace Cameron Exits 'The View' Because of 'Fuller House'
- First Look at Dinozords Unveiled in 'Power Rangers' Poster
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'