Edie Falco Steals Show From Ben Stiller
In the Broadway revival, Ben Stiller plays a zookeeper and aspiring songwriter named Artie Shaughnessy who struggles to balance a life with his schizophrenic wife Bananas, played by "The Sopranos"' Edie Falco, and his mistress Bunny, portrayed by Jennifer Jason Leigh.
Although the "Zoolander" actor was cast as the star, Falco has won over critics, garnering significant praise for what a New York Times reviewer called a "transfixing" performance in a play that "sinks".
New York Daily News writer Joe Dziemianowicz complimented Stiller for his hidden talents, proclaiming he "plays piano and sings impressively", while Terry Teachout The House Of Blue Leaves the Wall Street Journal insisted Falco is "definitely the star of this show".
Stiller has close personal ties to the show - he played his character's son Ronnie in its 1986 run at New York's Lincoln Center and his mother, Anne Meara, starred as Bunny in the first production of the play back in 1971.
More Edie Falco News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding