Edie Falco Steals Show From Ben Stiller
In the Broadway revival, Ben Stiller plays a zookeeper and aspiring songwriter named Artie Shaughnessy who struggles to balance a life with his schizophrenic wife Bananas, played by "The Sopranos"' Edie Falco, and his mistress Bunny, portrayed by Jennifer Jason Leigh.
Although the "Zoolander" actor was cast as the star, Falco has won over critics, garnering significant praise for what a New York Times reviewer called a "transfixing" performance in a play that "sinks".
New York Daily News writer Joe Dziemianowicz complimented Stiller for his hidden talents, proclaiming he "plays piano and sings impressively", while Terry Teachout The House Of Blue Leaves the Wall Street Journal insisted Falco is "definitely the star of this show".
Stiller has close personal ties to the show - he played his character's son Ronnie in its 1986 run at New York's Lincoln Center and his mother, Anne Meara, starred as Bunny in the first production of the play back in 1971.
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism