Jessica Simpson Confides in Mom to Run Fashion Business
Jessica Simpson relies on her family to ensure the success of her fashion venture - she sends her creative director mum to represent her at meetings. The star has built up a business empire with her shoe, handbag, denim, swimwear and fragrance lines, and retail sales of her products boomed in 2010 - with experts estimating her business will soon have a $1 billion turnover.
But Simpson admits her lucrative lines aren't all down to her - she has appointed her mother Tina Ann as creative director and relies on the matriarch to make all the important meetings she's too busy to attend.
She says, "I absolutely could not do this without my mum. I appointed her as creative director and we definitely do it together. I'm in most of the meetings but if I'm off doing my music stuff I can always count on my mum to be in every approval meeting and make sure that everything is cohesive and brand-appropriate. I couldn't do it without her."
- Kate Winslet Opens Up About Being Fat-Shamed as a Child: 'They Called Me Blubber'
- Justin Bieber and Koutney Kardashian Secretly Hooking Up in 'Love Nest'
- First Possible 'Marvel's Defenders' Art Promo and Logo Arrive Online
- Baby Before Marriage? Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Reportedly Expecting Their First Child
- 'DWTS' Pair Sharna Burgess and Bonner Bolton Fuel Dating Rumors With Flirty Night Out
- Meet Anthony Hopkins' Sidekick in New 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Motion Posters
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors