Jessica Simpson Confides in Mom to Run Fashion Business
Jessica Simpson relies on her family to ensure the success of her fashion venture - she sends her creative director mum to represent her at meetings. The star has built up a business empire with her shoe, handbag, denim, swimwear and fragrance lines, and retail sales of her products boomed in 2010 - with experts estimating her business will soon have a $1 billion turnover.
But Simpson admits her lucrative lines aren't all down to her - she has appointed her mother Tina Ann as creative director and relies on the matriarch to make all the important meetings she's too busy to attend.
She says, "I absolutely could not do this without my mum. I appointed her as creative director and we definitely do it together. I'm in most of the meetings but if I'm off doing my music stuff I can always count on my mum to be in every approval meeting and make sure that everything is cohesive and brand-appropriate. I couldn't do it without her."
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound