Jessica Simpson Confides in Mom to Run Fashion Business
Jessica Simpson relies on her family to ensure the success of her fashion venture - she sends her creative director mum to represent her at meetings. The star has built up a business empire with her shoe, handbag, denim, swimwear and fragrance lines, and retail sales of her products boomed in 2010 - with experts estimating her business will soon have a $1 billion turnover.
But Simpson admits her lucrative lines aren't all down to her - she has appointed her mother Tina Ann as creative director and relies on the matriarch to make all the important meetings she's too busy to attend.
She says, "I absolutely could not do this without my mum. I appointed her as creative director and we definitely do it together. I'm in most of the meetings but if I'm off doing my music stuff I can always count on my mum to be in every approval meeting and make sure that everything is cohesive and brand-appropriate. I couldn't do it without her."
More Jessica Simpson News
- Patrick Dempsey Confirms He's Back Together With Wife Jillian Fink
- Amber Heard Files for Divorce From Johnny Depp
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?