Jessica Simpson Confides in Mom to Run Fashion Business
Jessica Simpson relies on her family to ensure the success of her fashion venture - she sends her creative director mum to represent her at meetings. The star has built up a business empire with her shoe, handbag, denim, swimwear and fragrance lines, and retail sales of her products boomed in 2010 - with experts estimating her business will soon have a $1 billion turnover.
But Simpson admits her lucrative lines aren't all down to her - she has appointed her mother Tina Ann as creative director and relies on the matriarch to make all the important meetings she's too busy to attend.
She says, "I absolutely could not do this without my mum. I appointed her as creative director and we definitely do it together. I'm in most of the meetings but if I'm off doing my music stuff I can always count on my mum to be in every approval meeting and make sure that everything is cohesive and brand-appropriate. I couldn't do it without her."
- People's Choice Awards 2017: 'Outlander' Leads the Full TV Winner List
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Moving In With Kate Hudson Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- People's Choice Awards 2017: 'Finding Dory' Leads Movie Winners
- Janelle Monae and Maxwell Are Set to Perform at Women's March
- Nicole Kidman Reportedly Expecting a Baby at 49
- Julia Roberts Joins 'Smurfs: The Lost Village'. Get the First Look!
- Ryan Lochte Unveils Baby's Sex, Dishes on Wedding Plans With Fiancee Kayla Rae Reid
- Road to Reconciliation? Kris and Caitlyn Jenner Are Reportedly in Joint Therapy