Jessica Simpson Confides in Mom to Run Fashion Business
Jessica Simpson relies on her family to ensure the success of her fashion venture - she sends her creative director mum to represent her at meetings. The star has built up a business empire with her shoe, handbag, denim, swimwear and fragrance lines, and retail sales of her products boomed in 2010 - with experts estimating her business will soon have a $1 billion turnover.
But Simpson admits her lucrative lines aren't all down to her - she has appointed her mother Tina Ann as creative director and relies on the matriarch to make all the important meetings she's too busy to attend.
She says, "I absolutely could not do this without my mum. I appointed her as creative director and we definitely do it together. I'm in most of the meetings but if I'm off doing my music stuff I can always count on my mum to be in every approval meeting and make sure that everything is cohesive and brand-appropriate. I couldn't do it without her."
More Jessica Simpson News
- Justin Bieber to Team Up With Anitta on New Song
- Alec Baldwin Will Bring Back Donald Trump Impression to 'Saturday Night Live'
- 'Deadpool 2': Ryan Reynolds Crashes Kid's Birthday Party in New Set Photos
- Is Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Surrogate Pregnant With Twins?
- Is Ryan Seacrest Planning to Leave 'Live' for Profitable 'American Idol' Deal?
- Ed Sheeran Hits Back After Being Accused of Not Performing Live at Glastonbury
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Kenny Pitted Against Lee in Two-on-One Date
- Inside Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Intimate Weekend in Toronto