Andy Garcia Almost Died After Surfing Accident
Actor Andy Garcia "almost died" when he was a youngster after he was knocked unconscious during a surfing accident. The "Ocean's Eleven" star had paddled out to sea to ride the waves when he was hit in the face with a board and passed out.
Garcia is amazed he survived because he was stranded in the middle of the ocean - but the incident was so traumatic, he hasn't been surfing since. He tells Total Film magazine, "You know what, I actually almost died surfing when I was a kid. I was 11 or 12 and I was hit by a board in the face."
"It knocked me unconscious. There was nobody around for 100 yards. I was a skinny, small kid and the board must have been eight feet high. Anyway I've never surfed again after that."
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder
- Drake's 'More Life' Dethrones Ed Sheeran's 'Divide' on Billboard 200
- 'The Walking Dead' Season Finale Sneak Peeks Tease Betrayal and the Big War
- 'Marvel's Inhumans' Debuts First Official Logo
- Katy Perry and Ryan Phillippe Spotted Flirting During Elton John's Birthday Party