Andy Garcia Almost Died After Surfing Accident
Actor Andy Garcia "almost died" when he was a youngster after he was knocked unconscious during a surfing accident. The "Ocean's Eleven" star had paddled out to sea to ride the waves when he was hit in the face with a board and passed out.
Garcia is amazed he survived because he was stranded in the middle of the ocean - but the incident was so traumatic, he hasn't been surfing since. He tells Total Film magazine, "You know what, I actually almost died surfing when I was a kid. I was 11 or 12 and I was hit by a board in the face."
"It knocked me unconscious. There was nobody around for 100 yards. I was a skinny, small kid and the board must have been eight feet high. Anyway I've never surfed again after that."
- 'Westworld' Reveals Who the Man in Black Is, but There Are Bigger Twists
- Madonna Accused of Getting Butt Implants After Onstage Twerk With Ariana Grande
- Jonah Hill Involved in Serious Car Accident in L.A. - Is He Okay?
- The Weeknd Scores Second No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Starboy'
- 'American Honey' Is Triumphant at British Independent Film Awards
- Artist of the Week: Zay Hilfigerrr
- Gwen Stefani Fails to Cover Her Neck Hickey During an Outing With Her Kids
- Find Out When Kim Kardashian Will Return to Social Media