Andy Garcia Almost Died After Surfing Accident
Actor Andy Garcia "almost died" when he was a youngster after he was knocked unconscious during a surfing accident. The "Ocean's Eleven" star had paddled out to sea to ride the waves when he was hit in the face with a board and passed out.
Garcia is amazed he survived because he was stranded in the middle of the ocean - but the incident was so traumatic, he hasn't been surfing since. He tells Total Film magazine, "You know what, I actually almost died surfing when I was a kid. I was 11 or 12 and I was hit by a board in the face."
"It knocked me unconscious. There was nobody around for 100 yards. I was a skinny, small kid and the board must have been eight feet high. Anyway I've never surfed again after that."
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group