Author Blasts Will and Jada Pinkett Smith's Parenting Skills
Acclaimed author Terry McMillan has taken aim at Will Smith and his wife Jada Pinkett Smith, accusing them of "pimping" and "exploiting" their kids Jaden and Willow. The "How Stella Got Her Groove Back" writer has gone public with her thoughts about the way the Smiths are bringing up their children in a post on Twitter.com - and she doesn't approve of the success the youngsters are having so young.
She writes, "The Smith children already act like child stars. There's an arrogance in their demeanour and behaviour. I find it incredibly sad. It feels like the Smith children are being pimped and exploited. Or, they're already hungry for fame. What about 4th grade?" She adds, "A lot of A-list movie stars shielded their children from the Hollywood-world until they were old enough to decide. Look at those who didn't. Look at Lindsay. Phoenix. To name but a few. They miss out on childhood. It's more important than fame."
"These kids don't already know what they love. Total bulls**t. They're not prodigies. They think Hollywood is real. Why don't they do a remake of The Little Rascals and call it a day? Or, come up with an original film with some ethnic pride. Come on."
McMillan's 'Tweet' comes a day after Willow Smith was confirmed as the star of an urban remake of movie musical "Annie", which will be produced by her parents and rap mentor Jay-Z, who signed her to his label Roc Nation last year.
More Will Smith News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics