Author Blasts Will and Jada Pinkett Smith's Parenting Skills
Acclaimed author Terry McMillan has taken aim at Will Smith and his wife Jada Pinkett Smith, accusing them of "pimping" and "exploiting" their kids Jaden and Willow. The "How Stella Got Her Groove Back" writer has gone public with her thoughts about the way the Smiths are bringing up their children in a post on Twitter.com - and she doesn't approve of the success the youngsters are having so young.
She writes, "The Smith children already act like child stars. There's an arrogance in their demeanour and behaviour. I find it incredibly sad. It feels like the Smith children are being pimped and exploited. Or, they're already hungry for fame. What about 4th grade?" She adds, "A lot of A-list movie stars shielded their children from the Hollywood-world until they were old enough to decide. Look at those who didn't. Look at Lindsay. Phoenix. To name but a few. They miss out on childhood. It's more important than fame."
"These kids don't already know what they love. Total bulls**t. They're not prodigies. They think Hollywood is real. Why don't they do a remake of The Little Rascals and call it a day? Or, come up with an original film with some ethnic pride. Come on."
McMillan's 'Tweet' comes a day after Willow Smith was confirmed as the star of an urban remake of movie musical "Annie", which will be produced by her parents and rap mentor Jay-Z, who signed her to his label Roc Nation last year.
More Will Smith News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie