Author Blasts Will and Jada Pinkett Smith's Parenting Skills
Acclaimed author Terry McMillan has taken aim at Will Smith and his wife Jada Pinkett Smith, accusing them of "pimping" and "exploiting" their kids Jaden and Willow. The "How Stella Got Her Groove Back" writer has gone public with her thoughts about the way the Smiths are bringing up their children in a post on Twitter.com - and she doesn't approve of the success the youngsters are having so young.
She writes, "The Smith children already act like child stars. There's an arrogance in their demeanour and behaviour. I find it incredibly sad. It feels like the Smith children are being pimped and exploited. Or, they're already hungry for fame. What about 4th grade?" She adds, "A lot of A-list movie stars shielded their children from the Hollywood-world until they were old enough to decide. Look at those who didn't. Look at Lindsay. Phoenix. To name but a few. They miss out on childhood. It's more important than fame."
"These kids don't already know what they love. Total bulls**t. They're not prodigies. They think Hollywood is real. Why don't they do a remake of The Little Rascals and call it a day? Or, come up with an original film with some ethnic pride. Come on."
McMillan's 'Tweet' comes a day after Willow Smith was confirmed as the star of an urban remake of movie musical "Annie", which will be produced by her parents and rap mentor Jay-Z, who signed her to his label Roc Nation last year.
More Will Smith News
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child