Justin Bieber Aims for Transformation Like Justin Timberlake's
Justin Bieber is aiming to become the next Justin Timberlake and he's hired superstar songwriter Sean Garrett to help reshape his sound. The teenage pop star is currently working on the follow-up to his hit album "My World 2.0." and he's collaborating with Garrett, who has written songs for Usher, Ciara and Britney Spears.
Garrett admits 16-year-old Bieber is aiming for a more grown-up sound on the new record, and they are looking to Timberlake for inspiration. He tells Billboard, "What we're trying to do with Justin is to segue him into young adulthood. The one great thing about Justin Bieber is the fact that his fans are going to grow with him. So we want all the fans that started out with him to still be intrigued and excited about him, but we want to also stretch out a little bit and make the fans that are 22-23 years old love Justin as well."
"When Justin Timberlake went from the last album of NSYNC to his first solo album - I want to say (we're aiming for) that level. That's the bar for the type of song, that level of 'Cry Me a River', big records."
More Justin Bieber News
- Katy Perry Unmasks Her Real Self in 'Witness' Video Teaser
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS
- Super Junior Shows Off Strong Bond After Recent Meet-Up