Justin Bieber Aims for Transformation Like Justin Timberlake's
Justin Bieber is aiming to become the next Justin Timberlake and he's hired superstar songwriter Sean Garrett to help reshape his sound. The teenage pop star is currently working on the follow-up to his hit album "My World 2.0." and he's collaborating with Garrett, who has written songs for Usher, Ciara and Britney Spears.
Garrett admits 16-year-old Bieber is aiming for a more grown-up sound on the new record, and they are looking to Timberlake for inspiration. He tells Billboard, "What we're trying to do with Justin is to segue him into young adulthood. The one great thing about Justin Bieber is the fact that his fans are going to grow with him. So we want all the fans that started out with him to still be intrigued and excited about him, but we want to also stretch out a little bit and make the fans that are 22-23 years old love Justin as well."
"When Justin Timberlake went from the last album of NSYNC to his first solo album - I want to say (we're aiming for) that level. That's the bar for the type of song, that level of 'Cry Me a River', big records."
More Justin Bieber News
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip