Justin Bieber Aims for Transformation Like Justin Timberlake's
Justin Bieber is aiming to become the next Justin Timberlake and he's hired superstar songwriter Sean Garrett to help reshape his sound. The teenage pop star is currently working on the follow-up to his hit album "My World 2.0." and he's collaborating with Garrett, who has written songs for Usher, Ciara and Britney Spears.
Garrett admits 16-year-old Bieber is aiming for a more grown-up sound on the new record, and they are looking to Timberlake for inspiration. He tells Billboard, "What we're trying to do with Justin is to segue him into young adulthood. The one great thing about Justin Bieber is the fact that his fans are going to grow with him. So we want all the fans that started out with him to still be intrigued and excited about him, but we want to also stretch out a little bit and make the fans that are 22-23 years old love Justin as well."
"When Justin Timberlake went from the last album of NSYNC to his first solo album - I want to say (we're aiming for) that level. That's the bar for the type of song, that level of 'Cry Me a River', big records."
More Justin Bieber News
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?