Jeff Bridges Bought Whorehouse in 'Heaven's Gate'
"Crazy Heart" star Jeff Bridges was so fond of the whorehouse in movie flop "Heaven's Gate" he bought it. When director Michael Cimino offered up the Montana estate built for the 1980 western to his cast and crew, Bridges jumped at the chance to own the movie property known as the Hog Ranch.
He says, "All the barns were made from hand-hewn logs, and when Michael Cimino asked if anyone wanted the cabin, whorehouse and barn, I shot my hand up. We disassembled the buildings, numbered the logs, put them on a flatbed truck, and drove 200 miles south to my and (wife) Susan's ranch."
"Since that time we've added to the buildings a bit, but the core of the main house is built around the Hog Ranch. The bullet holes (from the film) are still in the walls."
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle