Jeff Bridges Bought Whorehouse in 'Heaven's Gate'
"Crazy Heart" star Jeff Bridges was so fond of the whorehouse in movie flop "Heaven's Gate" he bought it. When director Michael Cimino offered up the Montana estate built for the 1980 western to his cast and crew, Bridges jumped at the chance to own the movie property known as the Hog Ranch.
He says, "All the barns were made from hand-hewn logs, and when Michael Cimino asked if anyone wanted the cabin, whorehouse and barn, I shot my hand up. We disassembled the buildings, numbered the logs, put them on a flatbed truck, and drove 200 miles south to my and (wife) Susan's ranch."
"Since that time we've added to the buildings a bit, but the core of the main house is built around the Hog Ranch. The bullet holes (from the film) are still in the walls."
- Selena Gomez's '13 Reasons Why' Sparks Concerns Among School Officials and Health Experts
- Report: Taylor Swift and Harry Styles Getting Back Together
- 'DWTS' Stars Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Survive Attempted Break-In
- Heather Morris on Her 'DWTS' Elimination: 'I Was Very Happy for the Last Time to Be Amazing'
- Tyga's Afraid of Losing Kylie Jenner Forever as He Feels 'Threatened' by Travis Scott
- Hailee Steinfeld's New Song 'Most Girls' Will Arrive This Week
- Tiny's 'Nervous' to Divorce T.I.: Their Children Are Her Biggest Concern
- Madonna Slams Biopic 'Blonde Ambition'