Fergie Admits Copying Mick Jagger
Black Eyed Peas' Fergie aka Stacy Ferguson has revealed the inspiration behind her energetic stage routine - she learned all her moves from strutting The Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger. The pair teamed up onstage last year at the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame 25th Anniversary concert in New York City and Fergie was thrilled to get the chance to sing, and dance, with her idol.
She tells Us Weekly, "It was a huge honor. I mean, I grew up with the Rolling Stones and they are my dad's favorite band. I've copied Jagger's moves for years! So it was electrifying to be up there with him with this crazy kinetic energy bouncing off each other because we are both nuts and so that was great."
And she insists they made the perfect partners: "It was just organic. It's when you are on stage and you are in the rock moment, you lose yourself to it. You just give up to it because it's that adrenaline; it's just kind of whatever goes, goes."
"That's why there's the dancing, spinning around - it's just kind of a whirlwind of excitement. That's something that I have always loved about him and I tried to emulate that. And then to be able to do it up there with him was so great because I got to utilise his energy as well as mine. It was just magnetic."
More Stacy Ferguson News
- 'The Originals' to End After 5 Seasons
- Linkin Park's Frontman Chester Bennington Commits Suicide at 41
- Hulu Sets Fall 2017 Premiere Dates for 'Marvel's Runaways', 'Mindy Project' and More
- Girls' Generation Graces the Cover of W Korea for Their 10th Anniversary
- Kanye West Gives Paralyzed Fan Custom Yeezy Boots
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Hire 18 New Staff for Twin Kids
- Blac Chyna Is Starring in Nicki Minaj's New Music Video
- Ryan Seacrest Is Officially Returning to 'American Idol'