Lindsay Lohan Wants Judge to Dismiss Her Tanning Lawsuit
Lindsay Lohan's lawyers have appealed to a Florida judge to dismiss a lawsuit accusing the actress of stealing the formula for her tanning spray Sevin Nyne, insisting she has "no involvement" in the making of the bronzer. The "Mean Girls" star launched Sevin Nyne last year after reportedly spending three years developing the product alongside entrepreneur Lorit Simon for the chemist's company Lorit.
Simon and Lohan were hit with a breach of contract suit in July 2009 by Florida-based executives at White Wave International Labs, who claimed the pair copied their formula for the spray tan after one of its chemists showed them samples of their creations months before.
Now Lohan is trying to distance herself from Simon and the Lorit firm, claiming she was just the face of the brand. In new court documents obtained by TMZ.com, Lohan states: "Although I have been a spokesperson for Lorit, LLC, and its Sevin Nyne product, I had no involvement in where or how the Sevin Nyne product is marketed and sold or in the marketing strategy for the product."
Lohan's lawyers want the case dismissed because the Florida court has no jurisdiction over the star, who lives primarily in Los Angeles. She adds, "Although I occasionally visit Florida for pleasure, I have never had any acting jobs in Florida... "
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special