Lindsay Lohan Wants Judge to Dismiss Her Tanning Lawsuit
Lindsay Lohan's lawyers have appealed to a Florida judge to dismiss a lawsuit accusing the actress of stealing the formula for her tanning spray Sevin Nyne, insisting she has "no involvement" in the making of the bronzer. The "Mean Girls" star launched Sevin Nyne last year after reportedly spending three years developing the product alongside entrepreneur Lorit Simon for the chemist's company Lorit.
Simon and Lohan were hit with a breach of contract suit in July 2009 by Florida-based executives at White Wave International Labs, who claimed the pair copied their formula for the spray tan after one of its chemists showed them samples of their creations months before.
Now Lohan is trying to distance herself from Simon and the Lorit firm, claiming she was just the face of the brand. In new court documents obtained by TMZ.com, Lohan states: "Although I have been a spokesperson for Lorit, LLC, and its Sevin Nyne product, I had no involvement in where or how the Sevin Nyne product is marketed and sold or in the marketing strategy for the product."
Lohan's lawyers want the case dismissed because the Florida court has no jurisdiction over the star, who lives primarily in Los Angeles. She adds, "Although I occasionally visit Florida for pleasure, I have never had any acting jobs in Florida... "
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd