Robert De Niro Is In Talks to Play in Italian Film
Robert De Niro is in talks to show off his Italian language skills on the big screen in the latest installment of film franchise "Manuale d'amore". The Hollywood veteran is in final negotiations to join the cast of the third installment of the Italian romantic comedy, reports Variety.
De Niro, whose role will be partly spoken in Italian, will play a divorced American professor living in Rome if he accepts the project, which is scheduled to begin shooting in the Italian capital on September 24. It will be De Niro's first foreign-language venture since 1976, when he starred in Italian director Bernardo Bertolucci's 1900.
Robert De Niro will next be seen in Robert Rodriguez's "Machete", which will be released in the U.S. on September 3. Beside the drama movie, the actor will also be seen reprising his role as Jack Byrnes in comedy film "Little Fockers", which is slated for 2011 release.
More Robert De Niro News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris