Robert De Niro Is In Talks to Play in Italian Film
Robert De Niro is in talks to show off his Italian language skills on the big screen in the latest installment of film franchise "Manuale d'amore". The Hollywood veteran is in final negotiations to join the cast of the third installment of the Italian romantic comedy, reports Variety.
De Niro, whose role will be partly spoken in Italian, will play a divorced American professor living in Rome if he accepts the project, which is scheduled to begin shooting in the Italian capital on September 24. It will be De Niro's first foreign-language venture since 1976, when he starred in Italian director Bernardo Bertolucci's 1900.
Robert De Niro will next be seen in Robert Rodriguez's "Machete", which will be released in the U.S. on September 3. Beside the drama movie, the actor will also be seen reprising his role as Jack Byrnes in comedy film "Little Fockers", which is slated for 2011 release.
More Robert De Niro News
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch
- Justin Bieber Previews New Song 'Close to You'
- Watch Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon Return to Camp Winnipesaukee in the Fall
- They Don't Belong Together. James Packer Dumps Mariah Carey Over Her 'Excessive Spending'
- James McAvoy Lets Loose 'The Beast' in New 'Split' Trailer
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump
- See Photos of 'Pretty Little Liars' Stars on Last Day of Filming Series Finale