Katy Perry Writes Her Love for Russell Brand on Sky
Katy Perry's first love declaration for Russell Brand was an extravagant affair - she hired a skywriter to tell the funnyman her true feelings. The pop star began dating Brand last year and she confessed her love by ordering a plane to write a special message in the sky above his Los Angeles home.
Perry tells Britain's Star magazine, "The first time I told Russell I loved him, I did it with skywriting. He had not told me he loved me yet, and I decided to take the chance because I could feel it was coming. So I got everything ready. We were at his house - he has a house on Sunset Boulevard by the Chateau Marmont - and I told him to look up and there was 'I love you' in the sky!"
"He was overwhelmed, of course. That night he told me he loved me, too, thank God. We weren't telling people much about us because we wanted to have these moments for ourselves first before sharing the details with other people."
But Perry admits one person did suspect their secret romance - Brand's "Get Him to the Greek" co-star, P. Diddy. She adds, "It was pretty hilarious because Puff Daddy had kind of picked it up. Russell and him were doing a lot of promotion together at the time and he was teasing us whenever he'd see us together. One day he Tweeted, 'Love is in the air' and Russell wanted to take a picture of the skywriting to send to Puffy D."
More Katy Perry News
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service