Katy Perry Writes Her Love for Russell Brand on Sky
Katy Perry's first love declaration for Russell Brand was an extravagant affair - she hired a skywriter to tell the funnyman her true feelings. The pop star began dating Brand last year and she confessed her love by ordering a plane to write a special message in the sky above his Los Angeles home.
Perry tells Britain's Star magazine, "The first time I told Russell I loved him, I did it with skywriting. He had not told me he loved me yet, and I decided to take the chance because I could feel it was coming. So I got everything ready. We were at his house - he has a house on Sunset Boulevard by the Chateau Marmont - and I told him to look up and there was 'I love you' in the sky!"
"He was overwhelmed, of course. That night he told me he loved me, too, thank God. We weren't telling people much about us because we wanted to have these moments for ourselves first before sharing the details with other people."
But Perry admits one person did suspect their secret romance - Brand's "Get Him to the Greek" co-star, P. Diddy. She adds, "It was pretty hilarious because Puff Daddy had kind of picked it up. Russell and him were doing a lot of promotion together at the time and he was teasing us whenever he'd see us together. One day he Tweeted, 'Love is in the air' and Russell wanted to take a picture of the skywriting to send to Puffy D."
More Katy Perry News
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer
- Rihanna Sends Taylor Swift a Warning After Pop Diva Spent Her Night Partying With Drake
- Ray J Teams Up With Chris Brown for Kanye West 'Famous' Response
- Here's Why Ryan Reynolds Disagrees With Tim Miller's 'More Stylish' Version of 'Deadpool 2'
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen