Katy Perry Writes Her Love for Russell Brand on Sky
Katy Perry's first love declaration for Russell Brand was an extravagant affair - she hired a skywriter to tell the funnyman her true feelings. The pop star began dating Brand last year and she confessed her love by ordering a plane to write a special message in the sky above his Los Angeles home.
Perry tells Britain's Star magazine, "The first time I told Russell I loved him, I did it with skywriting. He had not told me he loved me yet, and I decided to take the chance because I could feel it was coming. So I got everything ready. We were at his house - he has a house on Sunset Boulevard by the Chateau Marmont - and I told him to look up and there was 'I love you' in the sky!"
"He was overwhelmed, of course. That night he told me he loved me, too, thank God. We weren't telling people much about us because we wanted to have these moments for ourselves first before sharing the details with other people."
But Perry admits one person did suspect their secret romance - Brand's "Get Him to the Greek" co-star, P. Diddy. She adds, "It was pretty hilarious because Puff Daddy had kind of picked it up. Russell and him were doing a lot of promotion together at the time and he was teasing us whenever he'd see us together. One day he Tweeted, 'Love is in the air' and Russell wanted to take a picture of the skywriting to send to Puffy D."
More Katy Perry News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie