Former KISS Member Vinnie Vincent Loses Bankruptcy Appeal
Former KISS star Vinnie Vincent has lost an appeal that could have helped him stave off bankruptcy following a court battle with his ex-bandmates. The guitarist, real name Vincent John Cusano, was barred from seeking bankruptcy protection from paying more than $81,000 (54,000 pound sterling) to Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons after unsuccessfully suing them for royalties in 1997.
In court, he alleged Simmons and Stanley owed him royalties for his work on 1983 album "Lick It Up", but a federal judge in Los Angeles ruled against him and awarded the defendants fees and costs amounting to $81,000. Vincent took the case to an appeals court, but lost, according to Courthouse News Service.
After parting ways with KISS, Vinnie Vincent formed Vinnie Vincent Invasion.
More KISS News
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards
- BET Awards 2016: Erykah Badu, Tori Kelly and Jennifer Hudson Team Up for Prince Tribute
- Demi Lovato Opens Up About Addictions and Eating Disorder, Says She 'Was Going to Die Young'
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage