Gary Coleman Sought Restraining Order Against Ex-Wife Three Months Before His Death
Shannon Price's bid to get her hands on her ex-husband Gary Coleman's belongings following his death has taken another blow - newly-obtained legal papers show he sought a restraining order against his former wife just three months before his death. The late actor alleged Price was trespassing in his Santaquin, Utah home while he was hospitalized following heart surgery and he filed sealed papers in an effort to get the redhead forcibly removed from the premises.
In the February document, obtained by People, the "Diff'rent Strokes" star wrote, "I am concerned that irreplaceable memorabilia, irreplaceable model trains, irreplaceable items of personal property will be stolen, damaged or destroyed." He added, "(Price) has shown a tendency to damage, destroy and steal my property and I believe she will continue to do so in my absence and while she is trespassing in my home."
Price is currently battling Coleman's longtime friend Anna Gray for control of his estate. Gray was named the executor of his estate in a 2005 will. Price has submitted a handwritten note, which she insists makes her the executor of her ex-husband's estate. A Utah judge has placed attorney Robert Jeffs in charge of the late star's affairs until the validity of the two women's claims can be determined.
- Ja Rule Apologizes for Disastrous Fyre Festival, Insists 'It Was Not a Scam'
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner