Gary Coleman Sought Restraining Order Against Ex-Wife Three Months Before His Death
Shannon Price's bid to get her hands on her ex-husband Gary Coleman's belongings following his death has taken another blow - newly-obtained legal papers show he sought a restraining order against his former wife just three months before his death. The late actor alleged Price was trespassing in his Santaquin, Utah home while he was hospitalized following heart surgery and he filed sealed papers in an effort to get the redhead forcibly removed from the premises.
In the February document, obtained by People, the "Diff'rent Strokes" star wrote, "I am concerned that irreplaceable memorabilia, irreplaceable model trains, irreplaceable items of personal property will be stolen, damaged or destroyed." He added, "(Price) has shown a tendency to damage, destroy and steal my property and I believe she will continue to do so in my absence and while she is trespassing in my home."
Price is currently battling Coleman's longtime friend Anna Gray for control of his estate. Gray was named the executor of his estate in a 2005 will. Price has submitted a handwritten note, which she insists makes her the executor of her ex-husband's estate. A Utah judge has placed attorney Robert Jeffs in charge of the late star's affairs until the validity of the two women's claims can be determined.
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle
- Salazar's Grudge Against Jack Sparrow Is Explained in 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' New TV Spot
- Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez May Need to Postpone Their Wedding Plan. Find Out Why
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke' Cast Dishes on Lady GaGa's Possible Return and More
- Artist of the Week: Jackie Evancho
- Traumatized Kim Kardashian Seeks Therapy After Paris Robbery
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- 'Venom Carnage' Is Listed as Horror Sci-Fi, Production Date Is Revealed