Dr. Dre to Receive Top ASCAP Award
Rap legend Dr. Dre is to be honored by the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) during the organization's 23rd annual Rhythm & Soul Music Awards. The hitmaker/producer will be presented with the ASCAP Founders Award at the June 25 gala, held to salute songwriters and publishers of 2009's most performed songs.
ASCAP president/chairman Paul Williams says, "Dre is one of the most important voices in modern music... and he continues to inspire artists and producers across all genres with his musical techniques." The event will take place in Los Angeles.
Dr. Dre's upcoming album "Detox" is scheduled to be released sometime this year. He recently collaborated with Jay-Z for a new song titled "Under Pressure" which is likely to be included in the 45-year-old musician's forthcoming release.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'