Dr. Dre to Receive Top ASCAP Award
Rap legend Dr. Dre is to be honored by the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) during the organization's 23rd annual Rhythm & Soul Music Awards. The hitmaker/producer will be presented with the ASCAP Founders Award at the June 25 gala, held to salute songwriters and publishers of 2009's most performed songs.
ASCAP president/chairman Paul Williams says, "Dre is one of the most important voices in modern music... and he continues to inspire artists and producers across all genres with his musical techniques." The event will take place in Los Angeles.
Dr. Dre's upcoming album "Detox" is scheduled to be released sometime this year. He recently collaborated with Jay-Z for a new song titled "Under Pressure" which is likely to be included in the 45-year-old musician's forthcoming release.
- Hilary Duff Posts Steamy Throwback Pic With Beau Matthew Koma
- Lady GaGa Is Obsessed With Barbra Streisand
- 'Katrina: American Crime Story' Taps Matthew Broderick to Play Michael D. Brown
- Lauren Graham and Dylan McDermott to Lead FOX's New Comedy Pilots
- Kanye West to Launch Makeup for Men
- Emma Watson Shines Like a Princess at 'Beauty and the Beast' Premiere in London
- Listen to Zedd and Alessia Cara's New Single 'Stay'
- Oops! Gigi Hadid Stumbles During Moschino Show at Milan Fashion Week