Dr. Dre to Receive Top ASCAP Award
Rap legend Dr. Dre is to be honored by the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) during the organization's 23rd annual Rhythm & Soul Music Awards. The hitmaker/producer will be presented with the ASCAP Founders Award at the June 25 gala, held to salute songwriters and publishers of 2009's most performed songs.
ASCAP president/chairman Paul Williams says, "Dre is one of the most important voices in modern music... and he continues to inspire artists and producers across all genres with his musical techniques." The event will take place in Los Angeles.
Dr. Dre's upcoming album "Detox" is scheduled to be released sometime this year. He recently collaborated with Jay-Z for a new song titled "Under Pressure" which is likely to be included in the 45-year-old musician's forthcoming release.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7