Dr. Dre to Receive Top ASCAP Award
Rap legend Dr. Dre is to be honored by the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) during the organization's 23rd annual Rhythm & Soul Music Awards. The hitmaker/producer will be presented with the ASCAP Founders Award at the June 25 gala, held to salute songwriters and publishers of 2009's most performed songs.
ASCAP president/chairman Paul Williams says, "Dre is one of the most important voices in modern music... and he continues to inspire artists and producers across all genres with his musical techniques." The event will take place in Los Angeles.
Dr. Dre's upcoming album "Detox" is scheduled to be released sometime this year. He recently collaborated with Jay-Z for a new song titled "Under Pressure" which is likely to be included in the 45-year-old musician's forthcoming release.
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic