Dr. Dre to Receive Top ASCAP Award
Rap legend Dr. Dre is to be honored by the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) during the organization's 23rd annual Rhythm & Soul Music Awards. The hitmaker/producer will be presented with the ASCAP Founders Award at the June 25 gala, held to salute songwriters and publishers of 2009's most performed songs.
ASCAP president/chairman Paul Williams says, "Dre is one of the most important voices in modern music... and he continues to inspire artists and producers across all genres with his musical techniques." The event will take place in Los Angeles.
Dr. Dre's upcoming album "Detox" is scheduled to be released sometime this year. He recently collaborated with Jay-Z for a new song titled "Under Pressure" which is likely to be included in the 45-year-old musician's forthcoming release.
More Dr. Dre News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding