Gucci Mane Released From Jail, Vowing to Become Positive Role Model
Rapper Gucci Mane has vowed to turn his life around and become a positive role model for his fans after walking free from jail on Wednesday morning, May 12. The troubled hip-hop star, real name Radric Davis, was locked up last November for violating the terms of his probation, stemming from a 2005 assault conviction.
He was released from Georgia's Fulton County Jail on Wednesday - and immediately pledged to make a series of changes. A statement from the star reads, "Unfortunately, my incarceration also came at a pivotal point in my career, just as my first major label album was dropping. I was forced to miss what should have been one of the proudest moments of my life."
"This is something I will make sure never happens again. My time in jail was trying, but I grew from it and am now a stronger and better person. I want to continue on a positive track and truly focus on being a role model to my fans and my community."
The rapper admits he used his time behind bars to reflect on his past mistakes - and he's planning to embrace "a new attitude towards life". He adds, "I have made some mistakes in my life that have hurt a lot of people who care about me. I have worked very hard to get past them, but those mistakes have brought me to where I am today, and they will not be repeated."
"These past six months have been a difficult time but fortunately I have learned a great deal from my experience. I was able to do a great deal of soul searching; I am coming back with a new attitude towards life."
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Flesh-Baring Outfit at Vogue 100 Festival in London
- Lil Wayne Blasts Cash Money Again Months After Reuniting With Birdman
- 'The Voice' Final Performances: Listen to the Top 4's Original Songs
- Justin Bieber Sings Taylor Swift's Song and Talks About Her First Love. Is He Mocking Her?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Long-Rumored Joint Album May Arrive Anytime Now