Gucci Mane Released From Jail, Vowing to Become Positive Role Model
Rapper Gucci Mane has vowed to turn his life around and become a positive role model for his fans after walking free from jail on Wednesday morning, May 12. The troubled hip-hop star, real name Radric Davis, was locked up last November for violating the terms of his probation, stemming from a 2005 assault conviction.
He was released from Georgia's Fulton County Jail on Wednesday - and immediately pledged to make a series of changes. A statement from the star reads, "Unfortunately, my incarceration also came at a pivotal point in my career, just as my first major label album was dropping. I was forced to miss what should have been one of the proudest moments of my life."
"This is something I will make sure never happens again. My time in jail was trying, but I grew from it and am now a stronger and better person. I want to continue on a positive track and truly focus on being a role model to my fans and my community."
The rapper admits he used his time behind bars to reflect on his past mistakes - and he's planning to embrace "a new attitude towards life". He adds, "I have made some mistakes in my life that have hurt a lot of people who care about me. I have worked very hard to get past them, but those mistakes have brought me to where I am today, and they will not be repeated."
"These past six months have been a difficult time but fortunately I have learned a great deal from my experience. I was able to do a great deal of soul searching; I am coming back with a new attitude towards life."
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed