Gucci Mane Released From Jail, Vowing to Become Positive Role Model
Rapper Gucci Mane has vowed to turn his life around and become a positive role model for his fans after walking free from jail on Wednesday morning, May 12. The troubled hip-hop star, real name Radric Davis, was locked up last November for violating the terms of his probation, stemming from a 2005 assault conviction.
He was released from Georgia's Fulton County Jail on Wednesday - and immediately pledged to make a series of changes. A statement from the star reads, "Unfortunately, my incarceration also came at a pivotal point in my career, just as my first major label album was dropping. I was forced to miss what should have been one of the proudest moments of my life."
"This is something I will make sure never happens again. My time in jail was trying, but I grew from it and am now a stronger and better person. I want to continue on a positive track and truly focus on being a role model to my fans and my community."
The rapper admits he used his time behind bars to reflect on his past mistakes - and he's planning to embrace "a new attitude towards life". He adds, "I have made some mistakes in my life that have hurt a lot of people who care about me. I have worked very hard to get past them, but those mistakes have brought me to where I am today, and they will not be repeated."
"These past six months have been a difficult time but fortunately I have learned a great deal from my experience. I was able to do a great deal of soul searching; I am coming back with a new attitude towards life."
More Gucci Mane News
- Desperate to Lose Weight, Mariah Carey Opts for Breast Reduction Surgery
- Marc Anthony Makes First Red Carpet Appearance With Girlfriend Mariana Downing
- Rihanna Is Not Taking Remy Ma's Side in Rapper's Feud With Nicki Minaj
- Ashley Olsen and Richard Sachs Have Called It Quits After Five Months of Dating
- Future and The Weeknd Tease 'Comin Out Strong' Music Video Filmed in Subway Car
- 'Legion' Season Finale Preview: You're Gods
- It's Over! Kim Kardashian 'Pulling the Plug' on Her Marriage to Kanye West
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Are Talking Again After Bitter Split: 'He's Much Happier'