Mike Tyson's Passion for Bird Race to Be Turned Into Reality TV Show
Boxing legend Mike Tyson is set to make his debut as a reality TV star - in a series about bird racing. The former heavyweight champion is also a life-long love pigeon keeper, and he'll showcase his passion for the birds in new U.S. series "Take on Tyson".
The program will follow Tyson and his feathered friends as he pits them against the best racing-pigeon owners in New York. He tells the New York Post, "I may have stopped fighting. But I never stopped flying birds. It's my first love." Filming is set to begin in April for the Animal Planet show, scheduled to air in early 2011.
Additionally, Animal Planet reveals that the show "peels back new layers of the remarkable persona and deep humanity of Mike Tyson." Meanwhile, Animal Planet's general manager Marjorie Kaplan says, "Tyson's passion for his pigeons takes my breath away."
- Calvin Harris Cancels More Las Vegas Shows After Car Accident
- Jake Gyllenhaal Helps Amy Schumer Spoof 'Catfish' and the Victim Becomes Obscure
- Lionsgate Is Planning to Make Seven More 'Power Rangers' Movies
- Kylie Jenner and PARTYNEXTDOOR Go Bowling Together
- Troy Ave's Arrested After Video of Him Firing Gun at T.I.'s Concert Surfaces
- Gucci Mane Records New Mixtape Just Hours After Released From Prison
- New Trailer for Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies' Promises Nudity and a Lot of Drama
- Here's What Chris Evans Says of Captain America's Hydra Plot Twist