Mike Tyson's Passion for Bird Race to Be Turned Into Reality TV Show
Boxing legend Mike Tyson is set to make his debut as a reality TV star - in a series about bird racing. The former heavyweight champion is also a life-long love pigeon keeper, and he'll showcase his passion for the birds in new U.S. series "Take on Tyson".
The program will follow Tyson and his feathered friends as he pits them against the best racing-pigeon owners in New York. He tells the New York Post, "I may have stopped fighting. But I never stopped flying birds. It's my first love." Filming is set to begin in April for the Animal Planet show, scheduled to air in early 2011.
Additionally, Animal Planet reveals that the show "peels back new layers of the remarkable persona and deep humanity of Mike Tyson." Meanwhile, Animal Planet's general manager Marjorie Kaplan says, "Tyson's passion for his pigeons takes my breath away."
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'