Mike Tyson's Passion for Bird Race to Be Turned Into Reality TV Show
Boxing legend Mike Tyson is set to make his debut as a reality TV star - in a series about bird racing. The former heavyweight champion is also a life-long love pigeon keeper, and he'll showcase his passion for the birds in new U.S. series "Take on Tyson".
The program will follow Tyson and his feathered friends as he pits them against the best racing-pigeon owners in New York. He tells the New York Post, "I may have stopped fighting. But I never stopped flying birds. It's my first love." Filming is set to begin in April for the Animal Planet show, scheduled to air in early 2011.
Additionally, Animal Planet reveals that the show "peels back new layers of the remarkable persona and deep humanity of Mike Tyson." Meanwhile, Animal Planet's general manager Marjorie Kaplan says, "Tyson's passion for his pigeons takes my breath away."
- Chris Brown Accuser Told Her Friend Singer's 'About to Go Down' After Alleged Gun Incident
- 'Game of Thrones' Casts First New Addition for Season 7
- P. Diddy Teases Snippet of Cassie's New Single 'Make Up'
- 'Rogue One': Meet C2-B5, New Imperial Droid That Looks Like R2-D2
- Johnny Depp Reconnects With Kate Moss Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Kylie Jenner Surprises Tyga With $300,000 Bentley After His Ferrari Got 'Repossessed'
- Lady GaGa Teases 'Perfect Illusion' Music Video
- Rob Kardashian Reveals He Is Now Diabetes Free