Mike Tyson's Passion for Bird Race to Be Turned Into Reality TV Show
Boxing legend Mike Tyson is set to make his debut as a reality TV star - in a series about bird racing. The former heavyweight champion is also a life-long love pigeon keeper, and he'll showcase his passion for the birds in new U.S. series "Take on Tyson".
The program will follow Tyson and his feathered friends as he pits them against the best racing-pigeon owners in New York. He tells the New York Post, "I may have stopped fighting. But I never stopped flying birds. It's my first love." Filming is set to begin in April for the Animal Planet show, scheduled to air in early 2011.
Additionally, Animal Planet reveals that the show "peels back new layers of the remarkable persona and deep humanity of Mike Tyson." Meanwhile, Animal Planet's general manager Marjorie Kaplan says, "Tyson's passion for his pigeons takes my breath away."
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna