Ashlee Simpson to Take a Break Post 'Chicago'
Ashlee Simpson is planning a career break when she finishes her stint in the Broadway musical "Chicago" - so she can concentrate on looking after her son. The singer-turned-actress is currently appearing as Roxie Hart in the New York production but she will hang up her dancing shoes next month, in February, to make way for ex-Destiny's Child star Michelle Williams (II).
And Simpson is looking forward to her hiatus - so she can spend more time with Bronx Mowgli, her one-year-old son with Fall Out Boy rocker Pete Wentz. She tells Access Hollywood, "We'll see what's next, but I'm gonna have some mommy time and take a little break."
"I've had a blast here doing 'Chicago'. It's been wonderful and to be on stage in Broadway, that was always a dream of mine, so it's been great. I've got two weeks left and I've really enjoyed it and I'm ready to get back home."
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer
- Rihanna Sends Taylor Swift a Warning After Pop Diva Spent Her Night Partying With Drake
- Ray J Teams Up With Chris Brown for Kanye West 'Famous' Response
- Here's Why Ryan Reynolds Disagrees With Tim Miller's 'More Stylish' Version of 'Deadpool 2'
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen