Ashlee Simpson to Take a Break Post 'Chicago'
Ashlee Simpson is planning a career break when she finishes her stint in the Broadway musical "Chicago" - so she can concentrate on looking after her son. The singer-turned-actress is currently appearing as Roxie Hart in the New York production but she will hang up her dancing shoes next month, in February, to make way for ex-Destiny's Child star Michelle Williams (II).
And Simpson is looking forward to her hiatus - so she can spend more time with Bronx Mowgli, her one-year-old son with Fall Out Boy rocker Pete Wentz. She tells Access Hollywood, "We'll see what's next, but I'm gonna have some mommy time and take a little break."
"I've had a blast here doing 'Chicago'. It's been wonderful and to be on stage in Broadway, that was always a dream of mine, so it's been great. I've got two weeks left and I've really enjoyed it and I'm ready to get back home."
More Ashlee Simpson News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding