Ashlee Simpson to Take a Break Post 'Chicago'
Ashlee Simpson is planning a career break when she finishes her stint in the Broadway musical "Chicago" - so she can concentrate on looking after her son. The singer-turned-actress is currently appearing as Roxie Hart in the New York production but she will hang up her dancing shoes next month, in February, to make way for ex-Destiny's Child star Michelle Williams (II).
And Simpson is looking forward to her hiatus - so she can spend more time with Bronx Mowgli, her one-year-old son with Fall Out Boy rocker Pete Wentz. She tells Access Hollywood, "We'll see what's next, but I'm gonna have some mommy time and take a little break."
"I've had a blast here doing 'Chicago'. It's been wonderful and to be on stage in Broadway, that was always a dream of mine, so it's been great. I've got two weeks left and I've really enjoyed it and I'm ready to get back home."
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Confirm Return for 'DWTS' Season 24
- Katy Perry Goes to 'Oblivia' Theme Park in 'Chained to the Rhythm' Music Video
- 'Hellboy 3' Is Dead, Director Guillermo Del Toro Says
- 'InHumans' Announces 'Game of Thrones' Alum as Maximus
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order
- Han Solo Movie Offers First Picture of Cast Members in Millennium Falcon
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle