Ashlee Simpson to Take a Break Post 'Chicago'
Ashlee Simpson is planning a career break when she finishes her stint in the Broadway musical "Chicago" - so she can concentrate on looking after her son. The singer-turned-actress is currently appearing as Roxie Hart in the New York production but she will hang up her dancing shoes next month, in February, to make way for ex-Destiny's Child star Michelle Williams (II).
And Simpson is looking forward to her hiatus - so she can spend more time with Bronx Mowgli, her one-year-old son with Fall Out Boy rocker Pete Wentz. She tells Access Hollywood, "We'll see what's next, but I'm gonna have some mommy time and take a little break."
"I've had a blast here doing 'Chicago'. It's been wonderful and to be on stage in Broadway, that was always a dream of mine, so it's been great. I've got two weeks left and I've really enjoyed it and I'm ready to get back home."
More Ashlee Simpson News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media