'The Walking Dead' Showrunner: 'We're Not Holding Back Information on Daryl's Sexuality'
Daryl's sexuality became a hot topic when "The Walking Dead" creator Robert Kirkman suggested that Daryl Dixon might be gay. Addressing the same issue, showrunner Scott M. Gimple explains why the show hasn't given a direct answer to the question.
"We know all sorts of things about the characters that we haven't revealed," he tells TVLine before adding, "[But] we're not holding back information on Daryl's sexuality as any sort of big reveal. The fact that there's still a question as to what Daryl's orientation is in season 5 absolutely speaks to Daryl's character."
Gimple goes on detailing, "He is a very guarded, very closed-off individual in a lot of ways. We have been able to see him ever so slowly open up and show the other characters aspect by aspect as to what makes him tick. That's been a very satisfying journey for all of us on the creative side to portray. [And] he's still on that journey."
Gimple says Daryl's sexuality "is not really addressed" in the upcoming season 5, but as the show progresses, he will show his true self. "This is a character who is going to continue to grow closer to the other characters," Gimple says, "[and] let his guard down, and let them see just who he is, in every way."
"The Walking Dead" season 5 is set to debut Sunday, October 12 at 9 P.M. ET on AMC.
More The Walking Dead News
- Tyler Hoechlin Suits Up as Superman in His First Look on 'Supergirl'
- JoJo Goes Skinny Dipping in 'F**k Apologies' Video Feat. Wiz Khalifa
- Khloe Kardashian Blasts Critics for Claiming She's 'Too Skinny'
- Bring on the Baby Wipes! The Rock Takes on Mid-Flight Diaper Duty With Daughter Jasmine
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert