Sofia Vergara Slams Critics of Her Emmy Skit
Sofia Vergara slammed critics who claimed her skit at 2014 Emmy Awards was "sexist." She told Entertainment Weekly, "I think it's absolutely the opposite. It means that somebody can be hot and also be funny and make fun of herself. I think it's ridiculous that somebody started this-I know who she was-who has no sense of humor [and should] lighten up a little bit."
Sofia's fans vented their anger on Twitter after watching their idol standing on a rotating pedestal. As she striked some poses on the turntable, Television Arts and Sciences President Bruce Rosenblum delivered a speech, saying, "Our Academy is more diverse than ever before, both in front of and behind the camera."
Bruce continued, "Resulting in a greater diversity of storytelling. What truly matters is that we never forget that our success is based on always giving the viewers something compelling to look at."
Some news sites also slammed the gag. Huffington Post called it "a very troubling turn." Jezebel wrote, "She was treated like a literal object." Meanwhile, Salon headlined, "A bizarre, objectifying Emmy moment."
- Khloe Kardashian Reveals Secret to Her Big and Perky Butt
- Disney Opens Up About Leia's Role, Han Solo Movie and the Future of 'Star Wars'
- Rihanna's Pals Begging Her to Stay Away From Chris Brown Amid Rumors Exes Are Reconnecting
- Elisabeth Moss Stands Up for Herself in 'Handmaid's Tale' Full Trailer
- Kendrick Lamar Goes After Donald Trump and Fellow Rapper on 'The Heart Part 4'
- New 'Alien: Covenant' Poster Features Xenomorphs Suffocating the Engineers
- Listen to David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' Feat. Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne
- Britney Spears Freaks Out After Sex Tape Leaks Online