Sofia Vergara Slams Critics of Her Emmy Skit
Sofia Vergara slammed critics who claimed her skit at 2014 Emmy Awards was "sexist." She told Entertainment Weekly, "I think it's absolutely the opposite. It means that somebody can be hot and also be funny and make fun of herself. I think it's ridiculous that somebody started this-I know who she was-who has no sense of humor [and should] lighten up a little bit."
Sofia's fans vented their anger on Twitter after watching their idol standing on a rotating pedestal. As she striked some poses on the turntable, Television Arts and Sciences President Bruce Rosenblum delivered a speech, saying, "Our Academy is more diverse than ever before, both in front of and behind the camera."
Bruce continued, "Resulting in a greater diversity of storytelling. What truly matters is that we never forget that our success is based on always giving the viewers something compelling to look at."
Some news sites also slammed the gag. Huffington Post called it "a very troubling turn." Jezebel wrote, "She was treated like a literal object." Meanwhile, Salon headlined, "A bizarre, objectifying Emmy moment."
- Demi Lovato Debuts Steamy New Single 'Body Say', Brings Out T.I. at 'Future Now' Tour
- Rita Ora Hospitalized due to Exhaustion
- Tom Hanks Is a Hero in First 'Sully' Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Poses Topless for W Magazine. See the NSFW Pic!
- Watch Analeigh Tipton and Sofia Black D'Elia Battle Worm Flu Epidemic in 'Viral' Trailer
- Kourtney Kardashian Reportedly Pregnant Again With Ex Scott Disick's Baby
- 'Wayward Pines' 2.07 Preview: I Won't Surrender
- Get the Details of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Mid-Nuptial Agreement