Sofia Vergara Slams Critics of Her Emmy Skit
Sofia Vergara slammed critics who claimed her skit at 2014 Emmy Awards was "sexist." She told Entertainment Weekly, "I think it's absolutely the opposite. It means that somebody can be hot and also be funny and make fun of herself. I think it's ridiculous that somebody started this-I know who she was-who has no sense of humor [and should] lighten up a little bit."
Sofia's fans vented their anger on Twitter after watching their idol standing on a rotating pedestal. As she striked some poses on the turntable, Television Arts and Sciences President Bruce Rosenblum delivered a speech, saying, "Our Academy is more diverse than ever before, both in front of and behind the camera."
Bruce continued, "Resulting in a greater diversity of storytelling. What truly matters is that we never forget that our success is based on always giving the viewers something compelling to look at."
Some news sites also slammed the gag. Huffington Post called it "a very troubling turn." Jezebel wrote, "She was treated like a literal object." Meanwhile, Salon headlined, "A bizarre, objectifying Emmy moment."
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3