'Monk' Star Tony Shalhoub Joins 'Nurse Jackie' in Season 7
Tony Shalhoub is returning to the small screen with "Nurse Jackie". The actor, best known as the titular character on "Monk", has booked a recurring role in season 7 of the Showtime series, the network has officially announced.
The Emmy-winning actor will play Dr. Bernard Prince, a new ER doctor who has a great bedside manner, a special touch with his boss Gloria Akalitus (Anna Deavere Smith), and who offers Jackie (Edie Falco) something she desperately needs - a friend.
Shalhoub, who won three Emmy Awards for his role on USA's "Monk", was part of the cast of the short-lived CBS sitcom "We Are Men". He most recently starred in "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" as the voice of Splinter.
The new season of "Nurse Jackie" is expected to debut in 2015. Peter Facinelli, who had been a series regular on the medical drama comedy since the first season, exited the show after six seasons.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers