'Monk' Star Tony Shalhoub Joins 'Nurse Jackie' in Season 7
Tony Shalhoub is returning to the small screen with "Nurse Jackie". The actor, best known as the titular character on "Monk", has booked a recurring role in season 7 of the Showtime series, the network has officially announced.
The Emmy-winning actor will play Dr. Bernard Prince, a new ER doctor who has a great bedside manner, a special touch with his boss Gloria Akalitus (Anna Deavere Smith), and who offers Jackie (Edie Falco) something she desperately needs - a friend.
Shalhoub, who won three Emmy Awards for his role on USA's "Monk", was part of the cast of the short-lived CBS sitcom "We Are Men". He most recently starred in "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" as the voice of Splinter.
The new season of "Nurse Jackie" is expected to debut in 2015. Peter Facinelli, who had been a series regular on the medical drama comedy since the first season, exited the show after six seasons.
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Mixed-Up Teams and Nude Photo Shoot
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Backstreet Boys' Performance, a 'Nickathlon' and a Zero Gravity Date
- See Margot Robbie's Drastic Transformation to Portray Tonya Harding
- Green Day Roasts Donald Trump in 'Troubled Times' Lyric Video
- New Couple Alert! Suki Waterhouse and 'Rogue One' Star Diego Luna Caught Getting Handsy in Mexico
- Kourtney Kardashian Is Still 'Serious' About Scott Disick Despite Reunion With Justin Bieber
- Mariah Carey and Elton John Rake in Millions of Dollars From Russian Billionaire Heiress' Wedding
- Armie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers Welcome Baby No. 2