'Monk' Star Tony Shalhoub Joins 'Nurse Jackie' in Season 7
Tony Shalhoub is returning to the small screen with "Nurse Jackie". The actor, best known as the titular character on "Monk", has booked a recurring role in season 7 of the Showtime series, the network has officially announced.
The Emmy-winning actor will play Dr. Bernard Prince, a new ER doctor who has a great bedside manner, a special touch with his boss Gloria Akalitus (Anna Deavere Smith), and who offers Jackie (Edie Falco) something she desperately needs - a friend.
Shalhoub, who won three Emmy Awards for his role on USA's "Monk", was part of the cast of the short-lived CBS sitcom "We Are Men". He most recently starred in "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" as the voice of Splinter.
The new season of "Nurse Jackie" is expected to debut in 2015. Peter Facinelli, who had been a series regular on the medical drama comedy since the first season, exited the show after six seasons.
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'
- Oscars 2017: 'Zootopia' Is Best Animated Feature, 'Hacksaw Ridge' Already Wins Two
- Oscars 2017: Lin-Manuel Miranda Cries Over Surprise 'Moana' Mash-Up Cover by 'Hamilton' Cast
- 'Aliens' Actor Bill Paxton Dies at 61, Celebs Pay Tribute on Twitter
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Gets the Party Started With Lively Performance
- Does Caitlyn Jenner Have a New Girlfriend?
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Photobombs Jessica Biel and Emma Stone
- Oscars 2017: Viola Davis Wins Best Supporting Actress