'Monk' Star Tony Shalhoub Joins 'Nurse Jackie' in Season 7
Tony Shalhoub is returning to the small screen with "Nurse Jackie". The actor, best known as the titular character on "Monk", has booked a recurring role in season 7 of the Showtime series, the network has officially announced.
The Emmy-winning actor will play Dr. Bernard Prince, a new ER doctor who has a great bedside manner, a special touch with his boss Gloria Akalitus (Anna Deavere Smith), and who offers Jackie (Edie Falco) something she desperately needs - a friend.
Shalhoub, who won three Emmy Awards for his role on USA's "Monk", was part of the cast of the short-lived CBS sitcom "We Are Men". He most recently starred in "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" as the voice of Splinter.
The new season of "Nurse Jackie" is expected to debut in 2015. Peter Facinelli, who had been a series regular on the medical drama comedy since the first season, exited the show after six seasons.
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group
- Artist of the Week: DJ Snake
- Idris Elba Confirms He Is Done Filming His Part in 'The Dark Tower'
- Kylie Jenner Gets Banned From Entering Club Where Tyga Performs. Here's Why