'Monk' Star Tony Shalhoub Joins 'Nurse Jackie' in Season 7
Tony Shalhoub is returning to the small screen with "Nurse Jackie". The actor, best known as the titular character on "Monk", has booked a recurring role in season 7 of the Showtime series, the network has officially announced.
The Emmy-winning actor will play Dr. Bernard Prince, a new ER doctor who has a great bedside manner, a special touch with his boss Gloria Akalitus (Anna Deavere Smith), and who offers Jackie (Edie Falco) something she desperately needs - a friend.
Shalhoub, who won three Emmy Awards for his role on USA's "Monk", was part of the cast of the short-lived CBS sitcom "We Are Men". He most recently starred in "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" as the voice of Splinter.
The new season of "Nurse Jackie" is expected to debut in 2015. Peter Facinelli, who had been a series regular on the medical drama comedy since the first season, exited the show after six seasons.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!