Adrianne Palicki Cast as Mockingbird on 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'
ABC's "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." has added Adrianne Palicki to its cast list. Marvel announced on Tuesday, August 19 that the "Friday Night Lights" actress would be joining the series' upcoming season 2 as Bobbi Morse a.k.a. Mockingbird.
In the comic books, Mockingbird is one of the fan favorites. She is a genius in biology, who is highly skilled in unarmed combat. The fact that she is also the ex-wife of Hawkeye, a character played by Jeremy Renner in "The Avengers", leads to speculations that the actor may appear in future episodes.
Palicki actually portrayed a superhero once. She landed the lead role in David E. Kelley's attempted reboot of DC Comics' "Wonder Woman". However, NBC pulled the plug after the pilot was shot.
In the second season, Palicki joins a slew of new faces such as Lucy Lawless, Reed Diamond, Nick Blood, Henry Simmons and Kyle MacLachlan. Mockingbird may not be an ally to Clark Gregg's Director Coulson. Her appearance was teased at the show's San Diego Comic-Con panel last month where she was given a shout-out in a video clip.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy