Adrianne Palicki Cast as Mockingbird on 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'
ABC's "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." has added Adrianne Palicki to its cast list. Marvel announced on Tuesday, August 19 that the "Friday Night Lights" actress would be joining the series' upcoming season 2 as Bobbi Morse a.k.a. Mockingbird.
In the comic books, Mockingbird is one of the fan favorites. She is a genius in biology, who is highly skilled in unarmed combat. The fact that she is also the ex-wife of Hawkeye, a character played by Jeremy Renner in "The Avengers", leads to speculations that the actor may appear in future episodes.
Palicki actually portrayed a superhero once. She landed the lead role in David E. Kelley's attempted reboot of DC Comics' "Wonder Woman". However, NBC pulled the plug after the pilot was shot.
In the second season, Palicki joins a slew of new faces such as Lucy Lawless, Reed Diamond, Nick Blood, Henry Simmons and Kyle MacLachlan. Mockingbird may not be an ally to Clark Gregg's Director Coulson. Her appearance was teased at the show's San Diego Comic-Con panel last month where she was given a shout-out in a video clip.
More Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding