Adrianne Palicki Cast as Mockingbird on 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'
ABC's "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." has added Adrianne Palicki to its cast list. Marvel announced on Tuesday, August 19 that the "Friday Night Lights" actress would be joining the series' upcoming season 2 as Bobbi Morse a.k.a. Mockingbird.
In the comic books, Mockingbird is one of the fan favorites. She is a genius in biology, who is highly skilled in unarmed combat. The fact that she is also the ex-wife of Hawkeye, a character played by Jeremy Renner in "The Avengers", leads to speculations that the actor may appear in future episodes.
Palicki actually portrayed a superhero once. She landed the lead role in David E. Kelley's attempted reboot of DC Comics' "Wonder Woman". However, NBC pulled the plug after the pilot was shot.
In the second season, Palicki joins a slew of new faces such as Lucy Lawless, Reed Diamond, Nick Blood, Henry Simmons and Kyle MacLachlan. Mockingbird may not be an ally to Clark Gregg's Director Coulson. Her appearance was teased at the show's San Diego Comic-Con panel last month where she was given a shout-out in a video clip.
More Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special