Adrianne Palicki Cast as Mockingbird on 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'
ABC's "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." has added Adrianne Palicki to its cast list. Marvel announced on Tuesday, August 19 that the "Friday Night Lights" actress would be joining the series' upcoming season 2 as Bobbi Morse a.k.a. Mockingbird.
In the comic books, Mockingbird is one of the fan favorites. She is a genius in biology, who is highly skilled in unarmed combat. The fact that she is also the ex-wife of Hawkeye, a character played by Jeremy Renner in "The Avengers", leads to speculations that the actor may appear in future episodes.
Palicki actually portrayed a superhero once. She landed the lead role in David E. Kelley's attempted reboot of DC Comics' "Wonder Woman". However, NBC pulled the plug after the pilot was shot.
In the second season, Palicki joins a slew of new faces such as Lucy Lawless, Reed Diamond, Nick Blood, Henry Simmons and Kyle MacLachlan. Mockingbird may not be an ally to Clark Gregg's Director Coulson. Her appearance was teased at the show's San Diego Comic-Con panel last month where she was given a shout-out in a video clip.
More Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. News
- Report: Emma Watson Getting Married in Big Sur This Summer
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons
- Kris Planning 'Revenge Memoir' About Caitlyn Jenner
- Jenelle Evans 'Devastated' After Losing Custody Battle to Mom Over Son Jace
- Batman Teams Up With a Supervillain in 'Batman and Harley Quinn' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Suffers Another Wardrobe Malfunction in High-Slit Dress at amfAR Gala