Comic-Con: 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Reveals New Characters in Season 2
Marvel Television brought "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." and "Marvel's Agent Carter" to the San Diego Comic-Con on Friday, July 25. The producers took the chance to introduce four new characters on "S.H.I.E.L.D." season 2, one of which is revealed in a teaser video featuring Patton Oswalt's Eric & Billy Koenig.
In the clip, the Koenig brothers hint at the arrival of Barbara Morse a.k.a. Mockingbird, who has made a call to let Director Coulson know that "she's in" if he needs her. It's yet to be known who will play the sexy S.H.I.E.L.D. field agent.
Other new characters in the second installment are S.H.I.E.L.D. veteran Isabelle Hartley who will be played by Lucy Lawless, Lance Hunter (Nick Blood) who on the show is depicted as a mercenary helping with the S.H.I.E.L.D. team, and Hydra baddie Daniel Whitehall a.k.a. Kraken who will be portrayed by Reed Diamond.
As for the scoops from upcoming series "Agent Carter", it's announced that "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" directors Joe Russo and Anthony Russo would helm the second and third episodes of the show. "Captain America: The First Avenger" director Joe Johnston, meanwhile, is in talks to helm episode 4.
During the panel, a teaser clip from the new series was played, showing a newspaper headline that asks whether Howard Stark (Dominic Cooper) is a traitor. However, when asked if Tony Stark's father would appear on the show, executive producer Jeph Loeb refused to answer.
"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." season 2 teaser:
"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." season 1 bloopers reel:
- Hilary Duff Posts Steamy Throwback Pic With Beau Matthew Koma
- Lady GaGa Is Obsessed With Barbra Streisand
- 'Katrina: American Crime Story' Taps Matthew Broderick to Play Michael D. Brown
- Lauren Graham and Dylan McDermott to Lead FOX's New Comedy Pilots
- Kanye West to Launch Makeup for Men
- Emma Watson Shines Like a Princess at 'Beauty and the Beast' Premiere in London
- Listen to Zedd and Alessia Cara's New Single 'Stay'
- Oops! Gigi Hadid Stumbles During Moschino Show at Milan Fashion Week