'Today' Anchor Savannah Guthrie Welcomes Baby Girl
It's a girl for "Today" anchor Savannah Guthrie. She gave birth to a bouncing baby girl named Vale Guthrie Feldman early Wednesday, August 13 in New York City. The new mom proudly showed off her bundle of joy with husband Michael Feldman on Twitter.
The baby girl was announced by co-anchor Matt Lauer on the "Today" show. He said Guthrie texted him a picture of a baby's foot. "Vale Guthrie Feldman is here! Savannah and Mike have a beautiful (and smart!) little girl! So much joy and excitement," Matt gushed on Twitter. "We love her already!"
Guthrie herself posted in a series of tweets, "My 3am wake up call sounds a lot different now. Sweeter...Every new parent must want to shout their happy news to the world. So lucky we got to do it on @TODAYshow! We are bursting with joy. #Vale. Vale, on the other hand, slept through the whole thing."
The baby weighed in at 8 lbs. 5 oz., and measured 19.5 inches long. She "has blue eyes, a little bit of blondish hair and the chubbiest cheeks you've ever seen," Guthrie said of the new addition to her family. "I think we found heaven in this little hospital room in New York City."
Guthrie, 42, and Feldman, 45, married in March after a year of engagement. She then announced her pregnancy. "It's funny, 'cause we set the wedding date, I bought my dress, and then I found out," she said. "So I've been doing a little praying that I would fit in it, and it all worked out." Vale is their first child together.
Vale, on the other hand, slept through the whole thing pic.twitter.com/yXvDR9Wbjh— Savannah Guthrie (@SavannahGuthrie) August 14, 2014
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake