Aly Michalka Cast as 'iZombie' BFF
Alyson Michalka is going to befriend a zombie. The 25-year-old actress/recording artist has secured a recurring role on The CW's upcoming series "iZombie" as Peyton, roommate and best friend to Rose McIver's Live, who is a med student-turned-zombie.
Peyton was originally played by former "Last Man Standing" star Alexandra Krosney in the pilot but she was let go after the show landed a spot on the network's midseason schedule. The role was initially a series regular one, but later was changed to recurring.
The supernatural crime procedural, from "Veronica Mars" creator Rob Thomas and his frequent collaborator Diane Rugierro, is based on the DC comic book series of the same title. It centers on Liv who takes a job in the coroner's office to gain access to the brains she must reluctantly eat to maintain her humanity.
But with each brain she consumes, she inherits the corpse's memories. With the help of her medical examiner boss and a police detective, she solves homicide cases in order to quiet the disturbing voices in her head.
Also joining the cast are Robert Buckley as Major Lilywhite, Malcolm Goodwin as Clive Babinaux, and David Anders as Blaine DeBeers.
- Drake Admits Nicki Minaj Was the Reason Behind His Meek Mill Feud
- 'The Walking Dead' Will Reveal Who Helped Daryl Escape the Sanctuary
- Beyonce Is Suffering From Bad Morning Sickness
- You're Not the Victim! Brad Pitt Blasts Angelina Jolie's Cambodian Interview
- Watch Migos' Energetic Performance of 'Bad and Boujee' on 'Ellen'
- Ryan Seacrest Assures Fans Everything Is OK After Fire Breaks Out at His $50M Mansion
- Pregnant Again? Blac Chyna Sports Suspicious Bump While Stepping Out With Another Man
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'