Aly Michalka Cast as 'iZombie' BFF
Alyson Michalka is going to befriend a zombie. The 25-year-old actress/recording artist has secured a recurring role on The CW's upcoming series "iZombie" as Peyton, roommate and best friend to Rose McIver's Live, who is a med student-turned-zombie.
Peyton was originally played by former "Last Man Standing" star Alexandra Krosney in the pilot but she was let go after the show landed a spot on the network's midseason schedule. The role was initially a series regular one, but later was changed to recurring.
The supernatural crime procedural, from "Veronica Mars" creator Rob Thomas and his frequent collaborator Diane Rugierro, is based on the DC comic book series of the same title. It centers on Liv who takes a job in the coroner's office to gain access to the brains she must reluctantly eat to maintain her humanity.
But with each brain she consumes, she inherits the corpse's memories. With the help of her medical examiner boss and a police detective, she solves homicide cases in order to quiet the disturbing voices in her head.
Also joining the cast are Robert Buckley as Major Lilywhite, Malcolm Goodwin as Clive Babinaux, and David Anders as Blaine DeBeers.
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation