Aly Michalka Cast as 'iZombie' BFF
Alyson Michalka is going to befriend a zombie. The 25-year-old actress/recording artist has secured a recurring role on The CW's upcoming series "iZombie" as Peyton, roommate and best friend to Rose McIver's Live, who is a med student-turned-zombie.
Peyton was originally played by former "Last Man Standing" star Alexandra Krosney in the pilot but she was let go after the show landed a spot on the network's midseason schedule. The role was initially a series regular one, but later was changed to recurring.
The supernatural crime procedural, from "Veronica Mars" creator Rob Thomas and his frequent collaborator Diane Rugierro, is based on the DC comic book series of the same title. It centers on Liv who takes a job in the coroner's office to gain access to the brains she must reluctantly eat to maintain her humanity.
But with each brain she consumes, she inherits the corpse's memories. With the help of her medical examiner boss and a police detective, she solves homicide cases in order to quiet the disturbing voices in her head.
Also joining the cast are Robert Buckley as Major Lilywhite, Malcolm Goodwin as Clive Babinaux, and David Anders as Blaine DeBeers.
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'
- Watch Lady GaGa Crowd Surf at Final 'Dive Bar Tour' Show
- Take a Look at Explosive New Trailer for 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk'
- Kate Beckinsale's Obsession With Penis Landed Her Daughter in Trouble at School
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'