Aly Michalka Cast as 'iZombie' BFF
Alyson Michalka is going to befriend a zombie. The 25-year-old actress/recording artist has secured a recurring role on The CW's upcoming series "iZombie" as Peyton, roommate and best friend to Rose McIver's Live, who is a med student-turned-zombie.
Peyton was originally played by former "Last Man Standing" star Alexandra Krosney in the pilot but she was let go after the show landed a spot on the network's midseason schedule. The role was initially a series regular one, but later was changed to recurring.
The supernatural crime procedural, from "Veronica Mars" creator Rob Thomas and his frequent collaborator Diane Rugierro, is based on the DC comic book series of the same title. It centers on Liv who takes a job in the coroner's office to gain access to the brains she must reluctantly eat to maintain her humanity.
But with each brain she consumes, she inherits the corpse's memories. With the help of her medical examiner boss and a police detective, she solves homicide cases in order to quiet the disturbing voices in her head.
Also joining the cast are Robert Buckley as Major Lilywhite, Malcolm Goodwin as Clive Babinaux, and David Anders as Blaine DeBeers.
More iZombie News
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says