Aly Michalka Cast as 'iZombie' BFF
Alyson Michalka is going to befriend a zombie. The 25-year-old actress/recording artist has secured a recurring role on The CW's upcoming series "iZombie" as Peyton, roommate and best friend to Rose McIver's Live, who is a med student-turned-zombie.
Peyton was originally played by former "Last Man Standing" star Alexandra Krosney in the pilot but she was let go after the show landed a spot on the network's midseason schedule. The role was initially a series regular one, but later was changed to recurring.
The supernatural crime procedural, from "Veronica Mars" creator Rob Thomas and his frequent collaborator Diane Rugierro, is based on the DC comic book series of the same title. It centers on Liv who takes a job in the coroner's office to gain access to the brains she must reluctantly eat to maintain her humanity.
But with each brain she consumes, she inherits the corpse's memories. With the help of her medical examiner boss and a police detective, she solves homicide cases in order to quiet the disturbing voices in her head.
Also joining the cast are Robert Buckley as Major Lilywhite, Malcolm Goodwin as Clive Babinaux, and David Anders as Blaine DeBeers.
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off