'24' Co-Star Louis Lombardi Defends Kiefer Sutherland After Freddie Prinze Jr.'s Diss
Louis Lombardi has weighed in on Freddie Prinze Jr.'s "unprofessional" comment on Kiefer Sutherland. Lombardi, who also co-starred Sutherland on FOX's series "24", disagrees with Prinze Jr. and says otherwise of the former "Touch" actor.
"My experience with Kiefer was absolutely the opposite. He was one of the most professional actors I've ever worked with," Lombardi tells Us Weekly. "He wanted the best out of everybody. I have nothing but great experiences with him. He's a gentleman."
He speculates about what led Prinze Jr. to say bad things about Sutherland, "Maybe he was jealous, maybe Kiefer did something to him-who knows?" The former "The Sopranos" star adds, "I'm baffled about [that] kid's comments and baffled why he would say this years later!"
"Why'd that kid say that that's crazy? It's almost like, let it go. If that's the biggest problem that you have, to take your shoes off, I mean..." Lombardi jokingly says, "I hope this doesn't turn into the Biggie and Tupac thing! I don't want to get gunned down in Santa Monica!"
Lombardi has nothing but good words for Sutherland, saying, "But Kiefer's one of the most professional and most likable people! Kiefer is the most professional actor... I'm all for Kiefer. I think he's a great dude and I have nothing but love for him. Everyone loves him, all the actors around him, the crew. Everyone!"
Prinze Jr. made the controversial comment about Sutherland at Comic-Con earlier this month. He told ABC News, "I did '24'. It was terrible. I hated every moment of it. Kiefer was the most unprofessional dude in the world. That's not me talking trash; I'd say it to his face. I think everyone that's worked with him has said that. I just wanted to quit the business after that. So, I just sort of stopped."
Responding to the diss, a rep for Sutherland said in a statement, "Kiefer worked with Freddie Prinze, Jr. more than 5 years ago, and this is the first he has heard of Freddie's grievances. Kiefer enjoyed working with Freddie and wishes him the best."
A FOX executive denied Prinze Jr.'s claim as well, saying that the Jack Bauer depicter was "nothing but professional during the run of the show and is beloved by cast and crew. It's so out of left field, 5 years later." The so-called official explained, "We wouldn't have done another '24' if Kiefer were anything like Freddie described," referring to the miniseries "24: Live Another Day" which recently aired on the network.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie