Daniel Radcliffe Stopped From Entering U.S. due to Visa Problems
Daniel Radcliffe was denied entry to the U.S. on Thursday, July 24, due to visa problems. The British actor was stopped by American border guards while returning to the U.S. for Comic-Con after attending a premiere of his new movie "What If" in Toronto, Canada.
"He's stuck in Toronto with visa problems," a source told Page Six. Radcliffe was in the process of upgrading his current P-2 visa to an O-1 visa. P-2 visa is designed for foreign actors as well as entertainers and gives the performers residency right for the time they're working on a project but cannot exceed a year. O-1 visa is for someone "who possesses extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business and athletics" and allows the holders to stay for three years in the States.
To get an upgraded visa, the "Harry Potter" star had to prove no American actors could perform the role as well as him. The source said that Radcliffe had been approved to upgrade to the O-1, but he needed a "stamp from the U.S. Embassy" in Toronto to travel back to the States and "their computer system was down."
The actor fortunately managed to get his visa upgraded and arrive on 2 A.M. Friday in San Diego. He was in time for a scheduled Comic-Con panel later on Friday afternoon with his co-star Juno Temple and director Alexandre Aja to discuss his film "Horns". Radcliffe stars as the protagonist in the adaptation of Joe Hill's horror novel of the same title, playing Ignatius Perrish, a young man who grows horns after a mysterious death of his girlfriend.
Radcliffe revealed to MTV that he had attended the con in a full Spiderman costume. He said he had disguised himself to avoid being noticed while walking at the convention hall. He even posed with fellow attendees who had no idea who he was. He posted a photo of himself in Spidey suit on Google +, writing, "#SDCC2014 #Spideradcliffe."
More Daniel Radcliffe News
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'