Daniel Radcliffe Stopped From Entering U.S. due to Visa Problems
Daniel Radcliffe was denied entry to the U.S. on Thursday, July 24, due to visa problems. The British actor was stopped by American border guards while returning to the U.S. for Comic-Con after attending a premiere of his new movie "What If" in Toronto, Canada.
"He's stuck in Toronto with visa problems," a source told Page Six. Radcliffe was in the process of upgrading his current P-2 visa to an O-1 visa. P-2 visa is designed for foreign actors as well as entertainers and gives the performers residency right for the time they're working on a project but cannot exceed a year. O-1 visa is for someone "who possesses extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business and athletics" and allows the holders to stay for three years in the States.
To get an upgraded visa, the "Harry Potter" star had to prove no American actors could perform the role as well as him. The source said that Radcliffe had been approved to upgrade to the O-1, but he needed a "stamp from the U.S. Embassy" in Toronto to travel back to the States and "their computer system was down."
The actor fortunately managed to get his visa upgraded and arrive on 2 A.M. Friday in San Diego. He was in time for a scheduled Comic-Con panel later on Friday afternoon with his co-star Juno Temple and director Alexandre Aja to discuss his film "Horns". Radcliffe stars as the protagonist in the adaptation of Joe Hill's horror novel of the same title, playing Ignatius Perrish, a young man who grows horns after a mysterious death of his girlfriend.
Radcliffe revealed to MTV that he had attended the con in a full Spiderman costume. He said he had disguised himself to avoid being noticed while walking at the convention hall. He even posed with fellow attendees who had no idea who he was. He posted a photo of himself in Spidey suit on Google +, writing, "#SDCC2014 #Spideradcliffe."
More Daniel Radcliffe News
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant