Cee-Lo Quits 'The Voice' Because It Was 'Obligating' and 'Tiring'
Earlier this year, Cee-Lo Green announced that he was leaving "The Voice" for good. At that time, the "Crazy" singer blamed his busy schedule for not being able to commit to the hit NBC series, but he has now revealed more reasons which prompted him to quit after four non-consecutive seasons.
"It easily and quickly became a job," Cee-Lo told Us Weekly entertainment director Ian Drew in an interview. "Very, very obligating ...Taxing and tiring ...I still tip my hat to Adam [Levine] and Blake [Shelton] and those guys who continuously do it, but I think I ran my course there just naturally."
It was a good experience for Cee-Lo nevertheless. "Amicably, we parted ways," he added. "I've got some very great memories there. It really has everything to do with me having the leverage to go elsewhere and be a success as well."
Cee-Lo credited Levine for getting him involved on the show for the first time. "We were friends prior to ['The Voice'], and he called and said, 'Hey man, there's this new show 'The Voice' and I don't really know what it's going to be about, and I don't really want to do any more kind of music shows - do you think it's cool? If you do it, I'll do it. If you don't do it, I won't do it,' " Green explained. "And I was like, 'Well, just judging from the premise, the blind auditions' - It's something that everybody agrees is just really original. It had a great new spin."
Cee-Lo has a new reality program "The Good Life" which debuted on TBS in June. The seventh season of "The Voice" will premiere in September with Levine, Shelton, Gwen Stefani and Pharrell Williams in the coach panel.
More The Voice News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked