Cee-Lo Quits 'The Voice' Because It Was 'Obligating' and 'Tiring'
Earlier this year, Cee-Lo Green announced that he was leaving "The Voice" for good. At that time, the "Crazy" singer blamed his busy schedule for not being able to commit to the hit NBC series, but he has now revealed more reasons which prompted him to quit after four non-consecutive seasons.
"It easily and quickly became a job," Cee-Lo told Us Weekly entertainment director Ian Drew in an interview. "Very, very obligating ...Taxing and tiring ...I still tip my hat to Adam [Levine] and Blake [Shelton] and those guys who continuously do it, but I think I ran my course there just naturally."
It was a good experience for Cee-Lo nevertheless. "Amicably, we parted ways," he added. "I've got some very great memories there. It really has everything to do with me having the leverage to go elsewhere and be a success as well."
Cee-Lo credited Levine for getting him involved on the show for the first time. "We were friends prior to ['The Voice'], and he called and said, 'Hey man, there's this new show 'The Voice' and I don't really know what it's going to be about, and I don't really want to do any more kind of music shows - do you think it's cool? If you do it, I'll do it. If you don't do it, I won't do it,' " Green explained. "And I was like, 'Well, just judging from the premise, the blind auditions' - It's something that everybody agrees is just really original. It had a great new spin."
Cee-Lo has a new reality program "The Good Life" which debuted on TBS in June. The seventh season of "The Voice" will premiere in September with Levine, Shelton, Gwen Stefani and Pharrell Williams in the coach panel.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says