Cee-Lo Quits 'The Voice' Because It Was 'Obligating' and 'Tiring'
Earlier this year, Cee-Lo Green announced that he was leaving "The Voice" for good. At that time, the "Crazy" singer blamed his busy schedule for not being able to commit to the hit NBC series, but he has now revealed more reasons which prompted him to quit after four non-consecutive seasons.
"It easily and quickly became a job," Cee-Lo told Us Weekly entertainment director Ian Drew in an interview. "Very, very obligating ...Taxing and tiring ...I still tip my hat to Adam [Levine] and Blake [Shelton] and those guys who continuously do it, but I think I ran my course there just naturally."
It was a good experience for Cee-Lo nevertheless. "Amicably, we parted ways," he added. "I've got some very great memories there. It really has everything to do with me having the leverage to go elsewhere and be a success as well."
Cee-Lo credited Levine for getting him involved on the show for the first time. "We were friends prior to ['The Voice'], and he called and said, 'Hey man, there's this new show 'The Voice' and I don't really know what it's going to be about, and I don't really want to do any more kind of music shows - do you think it's cool? If you do it, I'll do it. If you don't do it, I won't do it,' " Green explained. "And I was like, 'Well, just judging from the premise, the blind auditions' - It's something that everybody agrees is just really original. It had a great new spin."
Cee-Lo has a new reality program "The Good Life" which debuted on TBS in June. The seventh season of "The Voice" will premiere in September with Levine, Shelton, Gwen Stefani and Pharrell Williams in the coach panel.
More The Voice News
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'