BET Awards 2014: Lionel Richie Presented With Lifetime Achievement Award
More winners at 2014 BET Awards, which is currently airing from the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in Los Angeles, have been revealed. Not so long after collecting the Video of the Year award for the visuals of his smashing hit single "Happy", Pharrell Williams was announced as the winner in the Best Male R&B/Pop Artist category.
The Grammy Award-winning producer, who opened the Sunday event with the performance of his "Come Get It Bae", managed to beat nominees that included Justin Timberlake, John Legend, Chris Brown and August Alsina.
He then hit the stage again to present Lionel Richie with the Lifetime Achievement award. Before Richie accepted the honor, John Legend sang the veteran singer's famous hits "Hello" and "Still". Ledisi continued the tribute by performing "Brick House" in a bright pink jacket.
Richie later thanked the Commodores during his acceptance speech. "Without the Commodores I would not be standing on this stage right now," he said.
Lil Wayne got too excited after the Best Group award went to Young Money. The rapper smashed the mic stand while screaming, "Young mula baby!" Fellow Young Money artist Nicki Minaj told the crowd she was honored to be in Wayne's presence.
- Amanda Seyfried and Husband Thomas Sadoski Welcome Their First Child
- Orlando Bloom's Holiday Companion Kristy Hinze Suffers Nip Slip in St. Barts
- Iggy Azalea Twerks All Over Hong Kong in 'Mo Bounce' Music Video
- Wonder Woman and Cyborg Unleash Their Powers in 'Justice League' New Teasers
- Kanye West Is Spoiling Kim Kardashian With Jewelries, but She 'Won't Wear Any of It'
- Topless Bella Thorne Channels Marilyn Monroe in Sultry Pic
- Kim Kardashian Is Blamed for 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Rating Flop
- Baby Groot Angrily Kills Ravager in New 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Teaser