BET Awards 2014: Lionel Richie Presented With Lifetime Achievement Award
More winners at 2014 BET Awards, which is currently airing from the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in Los Angeles, have been revealed. Not so long after collecting the Video of the Year award for the visuals of his smashing hit single "Happy", Pharrell Williams was announced as the winner in the Best Male R&B/Pop Artist category.
The Grammy Award-winning producer, who opened the Sunday event with the performance of his "Come Get It Bae", managed to beat nominees that included Justin Timberlake, John Legend, Chris Brown and August Alsina.
He then hit the stage again to present Lionel Richie with the Lifetime Achievement award. Before Richie accepted the honor, John Legend sang the veteran singer's famous hits "Hello" and "Still". Ledisi continued the tribute by performing "Brick House" in a bright pink jacket.
Richie later thanked the Commodores during his acceptance speech. "Without the Commodores I would not be standing on this stage right now," he said.
Lil Wayne got too excited after the Best Group award went to Young Money. The rapper smashed the mic stand while screaming, "Young mula baby!" Fellow Young Money artist Nicki Minaj told the crowd she was honored to be in Wayne's presence.
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'