BET Awards 2014: Lionel Richie Presented With Lifetime Achievement Award
More winners at 2014 BET Awards, which is currently airing from the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in Los Angeles, have been revealed. Not so long after collecting the Video of the Year award for the visuals of his smashing hit single "Happy", Pharrell Williams was announced as the winner in the Best Male R&B/Pop Artist category.
The Grammy Award-winning producer, who opened the Sunday event with the performance of his "Come Get It Bae", managed to beat nominees that included Justin Timberlake, John Legend, Chris Brown and August Alsina.
He then hit the stage again to present Lionel Richie with the Lifetime Achievement award. Before Richie accepted the honor, John Legend sang the veteran singer's famous hits "Hello" and "Still". Ledisi continued the tribute by performing "Brick House" in a bright pink jacket.
Richie later thanked the Commodores during his acceptance speech. "Without the Commodores I would not be standing on this stage right now," he said.
Lil Wayne got too excited after the Best Group award went to Young Money. The rapper smashed the mic stand while screaming, "Young mula baby!" Fellow Young Money artist Nicki Minaj told the crowd she was honored to be in Wayne's presence.
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video