BET Awards 2014: Lionel Richie Presented With Lifetime Achievement Award
More winners at 2014 BET Awards, which is currently airing from the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in Los Angeles, have been revealed. Not so long after collecting the Video of the Year award for the visuals of his smashing hit single "Happy", Pharrell Williams was announced as the winner in the Best Male R&B/Pop Artist category.
The Grammy Award-winning producer, who opened the Sunday event with the performance of his "Come Get It Bae", managed to beat nominees that included Justin Timberlake, John Legend, Chris Brown and August Alsina.
He then hit the stage again to present Lionel Richie with the Lifetime Achievement award. Before Richie accepted the honor, John Legend sang the veteran singer's famous hits "Hello" and "Still". Ledisi continued the tribute by performing "Brick House" in a bright pink jacket.
Richie later thanked the Commodores during his acceptance speech. "Without the Commodores I would not be standing on this stage right now," he said.
Lil Wayne got too excited after the Best Group award went to Young Money. The rapper smashed the mic stand while screaming, "Young mula baby!" Fellow Young Money artist Nicki Minaj told the crowd she was honored to be in Wayne's presence.
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed