BET Awards 2014: Lionel Richie Presented With Lifetime Achievement Award
More winners at 2014 BET Awards, which is currently airing from the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in Los Angeles, have been revealed. Not so long after collecting the Video of the Year award for the visuals of his smashing hit single "Happy", Pharrell Williams was announced as the winner in the Best Male R&B/Pop Artist category.
The Grammy Award-winning producer, who opened the Sunday event with the performance of his "Come Get It Bae", managed to beat nominees that included Justin Timberlake, John Legend, Chris Brown and August Alsina.
He then hit the stage again to present Lionel Richie with the Lifetime Achievement award. Before Richie accepted the honor, John Legend sang the veteran singer's famous hits "Hello" and "Still". Ledisi continued the tribute by performing "Brick House" in a bright pink jacket.
Richie later thanked the Commodores during his acceptance speech. "Without the Commodores I would not be standing on this stage right now," he said.
Lil Wayne got too excited after the Best Group award went to Young Money. The rapper smashed the mic stand while screaming, "Young mula baby!" Fellow Young Money artist Nicki Minaj told the crowd she was honored to be in Wayne's presence.
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Will Return, Ryan Lochte Is in Talks for Season 23
- Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie for Her Birthday After Partying With Bronte Blampied
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj to Perform 'Side to Side' at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Inside Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom's Proposal Plans
- Christoph Waltz in Talks to Join James Cameron's 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- Kim Kardashian Flaunts Entire Breasts in Racy See-Through Top for a Photoshoot in Mexico
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star