Video: Chris Brown, Nicki Minaj and More Perform at BET Awards
Chris Brown and Nicki Minaj were among those who graced the stage at the 2014 BET Awards on Sunday night, June 29. The former singer, who wasn't announced as a performer at the event, surprised the audience when he appeared onstage to perform his hit single "Loyal".
The 24-year-old star, who was released from jail earlier this month, was all smiles as he sang the track alongside Lil Wayne and Tyga. Blink-182's drummer Travis Barker also made a guest appearance during Brown's set.
Minaj, meanwhile, stole the spotlight with her "Alice in Wolderland"-esque performance of "Pills and Potions". Appearing on a top of a giant mushroom, the Young Money raptress was joined onstage by a rabbit and a ballerina.
Pharrell Williams, John Legend and Usher were other musicians who served as performers at the Sunday awards-giving show. Skateboard P kicked off the whole thing with his "Come Get It Bae" and brought out Missy Elliott for her 2003 hit "Pass That Dutch".
Legend then slowed things down with his "You and I" before welcoming Jhene Aiko who tackled her "The Worst". Usher later pleased fans by performing a medley of his past singles before playing the drums for the beginning of his latest hit, "Good Kisser". Closing out the bash were Jay-Z and Beyonce Knowles who delivered the live rendition of "Partition" via satellite.
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris
- Khloe Kardashian Refuses to Attend Rob's Wedding, Says He's 'Full of Bulls**t'
- Lea Michele Teases 'Scream Queens' Season 2 With This Picture
- Ariel Winter Announces She's Single With Kim Kardashian Meme. See the Funny Clip!
- Watch Beyonce, Desiigner, Bryson Tiller Rock the 2016 BET Awards
- 'Finding Dory' Beats 'Independence Day: Resurgence' at Box Office
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family