Pippa Middleton Gives First TV Interview to 'Today' Host Matt Lauer
Matt Lauer has landed the first TV interview with Pippa Middleton, the younger sister of the Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton. The "Today" co-host jetted off to London and sat down with the 30-year-old book author on June 25.
Appearing via satellite, he teased viewers on Wednesday, "I flew overnight to interview someone who's gotten an awful lot of attention over the past two or three years, yet who has never sat down to do a television interview." Later, the party planner greeted the audience, "Hi, everyone."
"I hate to say it, but I was actually in America all of last week," she told Lauer. He jokingly said, "She was riding in a bike event, and instead of me being able to interview her there, I had to fly 3,000 miles to interview you here. What's up with that?"
The interview will air in two parts on the "Today" show Monday, June 30, and Tuesday, July 1.
Following the interview, NBC reportedly will offer Middleton a job as a correspondent. A source tells Page Six, "NBC, along with all the major networks, have been trying to sign Pippa for some time. NBC is set to make a fresh approach to her following the interview." While she won't be able to dish on the British royal family, the source says, "Pippa could do reports based on her party planning book or her charity work."
A rep for NBC, however, has denied the rumor, stating, "This is 100 percent not true and it seems anyone suggesting otherwise is 'royally' -jealous."
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns