Kevin Costner Back on 'Field of Dreams' Set to Celebrate Pic's 25th Anniversary
"Field of Dreams" was alive again this past weekend at the Iowa Festival where the classic celebrated its 25th Anniversary. Kevin Costner went back to the baseball movie's set which has become a tourist destination since 1989.
The farm hosted a three-day celebration of the film from Friday, June 13 up to Father's Day on Sunday. Attending the event, Costner was reunited with co-star Timothy Busfield and met a slew of other celebrities who have fond memories from the film such as Colin Egglesfield and past American League Cy Young award winner Bret Saberhagen.
"Iowa has left a mark on me. Have I left a mark on Iowa? I don't know. But Iowa certainly has been an important part of my filmography," Costner said from the porch of the famous white farm house. It was the first time in eight years that he was back on the set. This time, his wife Christine Baumgartner and their children 7-year-old Cayden, 5-year-old Hayes and 4-year-old Grace were in tow.
Costner played catch with his two young sons while thousand of fans watched. "We don't usually have this many people when we do this," the 59-year-old actor said. He was made famous for his role in the movie as an Iowa farmer who carved a baseball field out of his corn crop.
Speaking of the father-son relationship theme in the movie, Cosner said, "I think women watch how beautifully orchestrated this movie was and they actually could turn to their husbands that maybe have never made peace with their father, or turned to their husbands who haven't made peace with their own sons, and say, 'You need to do something about this. You don't want to go through life and wish you had played catch.' "
The festival will also host celebrity softball games and concerts from the Gin Blossoms, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, and Costner's country band, Modern West. There was also a screening of the film and a Q&A with the cast on Friday.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed