Katharine McPhee Divorcing Nick Cokas 7 Months After She Was Caught Cheating
Katharine McPhee has filed for a divorce from husband Nick Cokas after six years of marriage. In a statement, the former "Smash" star insisted that they would remain friends despite the split.
"After six years of marriage, and having been separated for the past year, Katharine McPhee has filed for a dissolution of marriage from Nick Cokas," a rep for McPhee told PEOPLE on Thursday, May 22. "The two have an amicable relationship and will remain friends. They ask that people respect their privacy during this time."
McPhee was caught kissing married "Smash" director Michael Morris in Los Angeles in October 2013. Sources said McPhee had separated from Cokas for a year and a half at that time, but was later seen with him in March this year. McPhee and Morris no longer saw each other a month after the scandal, with him returning to his actress wife Mary McCormack.
McPhee and Cokas' reconciliation attempt apparently did not last long. TMZ said she "ultimately decided she just didn't want to be married anymore." The couple first met in 2005 at the L.A. production of "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir" and got married in Beverly Hills in February 2008.
- 'Saturday Night Live' Taps Kristen Stewart as the Next Host
- Armie Hammer Responds to 'Green Lantern Corps' Rumor
- Big Sean Performs 'Bounce Back', Premieres 'Sunday Morning Jetpack' on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Louis Tomlinson Reunites With Briana Jungwirth to Celebrate Their Son's 1st Birthday
- Luke Bryan to Sing National Anthem at Super Bowl
- 'Veronica Mars' Boss Hints at Potential Revival
- Artist of the Week: Kehlani
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington