Jennifer Esposito Reacts to Speculations That She Trashed Bradley Cooper in New Memoir
Jennifer Esposito has addressed speculations that she slammed her ex-husband Bradley Cooper in her new memoir "Jennifer's Way". Some people assume that the star is referring to the "Silver Linings Playbook" actor when she talks about an ex in the new book, saying that he is a "funny, smart, cocky, arrogant, and a master manipulator."
In a statement to PEOPLE, the former "Blue Bloods" actress expresses disappointment that public focused on that part instead of her battle with celiac disease. "This book is about my journey with celiac disease and only that," she explains. "To refer to anything other than the subject at hand or to make this book about anything else is an insult to me and this disease that plagues so many."
An excerpt from Esposito's upcoming memoir "Jennifer's Way: My Journey with Celiac Disease - What Doctors Don't Tell You and How You Can Learn to Live Again" emerged online over the weekend. In the book, which is due out on May 29, Esposito never mentions any name when she recalls being asked out by a man.
"I didn't necessarily find him that attractive, but I figured that I could enjoy his sense of humor and nonsense for a while," she writes. "We had fun, but he also had a mean, cold side. His personality could flip on a dime."
- Brad Pitt Is Cocky General in Teaser for Netflix's 'War Machine'
- Oprah Winfrey Considers Running for President, Thanks to Donald Trump
- Andi Dorfman Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- Madonna Is Turning to Ex Sean Penn Amid Adoption Crisis
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Will Feature Disney's First Gay Character
- Jay-Z and Chris Martin Enjoy Night Out in WeHo
- Kris Is Convincing Caitlyn Jenner to Return to 'KUWTK' After 'I Am Cait' Cancellation
- Lady GaGa Confirms Coachella Gig With Line-Up Photo