Jennifer Esposito Called Ex-Husband Bradley Cooper 'Cocky, Arrogant'
Jennifer Esposito put ex-husband Bradley Cooper in a bad light. The "Blue Bloods" actress wrote about a past relationship in her new book "Jennifer's Way", detailing the way things fell out between them in such a short time.
"Finding someone to love, who loved me, in this lonely city of Los Angeles was seeming more and more impossible every day. Then I met someone and accepted a date," the actress said in the book without mentioning Cooper. "I should have noticed the red flags from the beginning - actually, they were more like an entire marching band squad of red flags - but I ignored them because, honestly, I didn't think the relationship was really going to go anywhere."
Esposito continued, "He was funny, smart, cocky, arrogant, and a master manipulator. I didn't necessarily find him that attractive, but I figured that I could enjoy his sense of humor and nonsense for a while." They tied the knot in December 2006 but the marriage only lasted four months.
The actress went on describing the ex's traits, "One date became two, two dates became four. We had fun, but he also had a mean, cold side. His personality could flip on a dime, but that kind of behavior was familiar to me. I'd spent plenty of time walking on eggshells in my childhood home as well as on certain sets, so I quickly learned my role in the relationship and went forward accordingly."
"But the relationship was about him and what he needed, and nothing else... It wasn't all bad all the time, so I figured this was just my lot, and I took the good with the bad, even though the bad was extremely bad."
She went on, "Within days, my relationship hit an all-time low, and within a week, it was over. Abruptly, rudely, and with the exact callousness that I'd come to expect from him, but this time, I did nothing but agree to end it."
Cooper has not given any comment about Esposito's memoir but he did once address the short-lived marriage as "something that happened." He told Howard Stern, "The good thing is, we both realized it... Sometimes you just realize it."
Cooper is now dating model/actress Suki Waterhouse while Esposito is engaged to model Louis Dowler.
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her
- Video Premiere: Chris Brown's 'Grass Ain't Greener'
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'