'How I Met Your Dad' NOT Picked Up to Series Yet
"How I Met Your Mother" fans who want more from Carter Bays and Craig Thomas should hold back their excitement. It was earlier reported that CBS had picked up "How I Met Your Dad" to series, but the network has dismissed the rumors.
CBS says that no decision has yet been made on any pilots. It's believed that inquiry calls from the network about directors on both the "HIMYM" spin-off and "The McCarthys" could have sparked the series pick-up rumors.
"HIMYD" has tapped Greta Gerwig in the lead role as Sally, who is described as a "vibrant, messy and unpredictable" woman in her twenties and as a "female Peter Pan who has never grown up and has no idea of where she's going in life." Meg Ryan will narrate the comedy as the future Sally tells the kids the story of how she met their father.
The Eye traditionally starts announcing new series pick-ups over the weekend before its upfront presentation.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered