'American Idol' Results: Jessica Meuse Doesn't Make It to Top 3
It's down to three on "American Idol" season 13. The show unveiled its three finalists on the Thursday, May 8 results show and they are Alex Preston, Caleb Johnson and Jena Irene. The three singers will return to their home for hometown celebrations before competing in the semifinals.
Jessica Meuse, on the other hand, is going home for good. She's eliminated for getting the lowest votes following her two so-so performances on Wednesday night. She managed to impress the judges with her rock version of Lady GaGa's "You and I" in the third segment, but that wasn't enough to keep her on the competition.
"Last night, Jessica had very mixed results, and then, at the very end, she nailed something great for her, and ('You and I') was a great song for her," said in-house mentor Randy Jackson when reviewing the contestants' Wednesday performances.
Next week, Alex, Caleb and Jena will sing three songs: one chosen by one of the judges, another chosen by Randy, and the third song is a reprise of a song they've already sung chosen by fans in their hometowns.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie