'American Idol' Results: Jessica Meuse Doesn't Make It to Top 3
It's down to three on "American Idol" season 13. The show unveiled its three finalists on the Thursday, May 8 results show and they are Alex Preston, Caleb Johnson and Jena Irene. The three singers will return to their home for hometown celebrations before competing in the semifinals.
Jessica Meuse, on the other hand, is going home for good. She's eliminated for getting the lowest votes following her two so-so performances on Wednesday night. She managed to impress the judges with her rock version of Lady GaGa's "You and I" in the third segment, but that wasn't enough to keep her on the competition.
"Last night, Jessica had very mixed results, and then, at the very end, she nailed something great for her, and ('You and I') was a great song for her," said in-house mentor Randy Jackson when reviewing the contestants' Wednesday performances.
Next week, Alex, Caleb and Jena will sing three songs: one chosen by one of the judges, another chosen by Randy, and the third song is a reprise of a song they've already sung chosen by fans in their hometowns.
- Here's What Blac Chyna Thinks of Kylie Jenner Playing Step Mom to King Cairo
- 'Mr. Robot' 2.09 Preview: It's Time to Go Home
- Lady GaGa's New Song 'Perfect Illusion' Reportedly due Out Next Week
- Three Potential Directors Lined Up to Helm 'Captain Marvel'
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Will Return, Ryan Lochte Is in Talks for Season 23
- Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie for Her Birthday After Partying With Bronte Blampied
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj to Perform 'Side to Side' at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Inside Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom's Proposal Plans