'American Idol' Results: Jessica Meuse Doesn't Make It to Top 3
It's down to three on "American Idol" season 13. The show unveiled its three finalists on the Thursday, May 8 results show and they are Alex Preston, Caleb Johnson and Jena Irene. The three singers will return to their home for hometown celebrations before competing in the semifinals.
Jessica Meuse, on the other hand, is going home for good. She's eliminated for getting the lowest votes following her two so-so performances on Wednesday night. She managed to impress the judges with her rock version of Lady GaGa's "You and I" in the third segment, but that wasn't enough to keep her on the competition.
"Last night, Jessica had very mixed results, and then, at the very end, she nailed something great for her, and ('You and I') was a great song for her," said in-house mentor Randy Jackson when reviewing the contestants' Wednesday performances.
Next week, Alex, Caleb and Jena will sing three songs: one chosen by one of the judges, another chosen by Randy, and the third song is a reprise of a song they've already sung chosen by fans in their hometowns.
More American Idol News
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order
- Han Solo Movie Offers First Picture of Cast Members in Millennium Falcon
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future