'Scandal' Not Recasting Columbus Short's Harrison
"Scandal" has no casting announcement whatsoever to make. Following report that the show's recasting the role of Harrison after Columbus Short's exit, series creator Shonda Rhimes has taken to Twitter to set things straight.
"I've never heard of Eric West. Harrison is not being recast EVER. How about reporters CHECK THEIR SOURCES before running with a story?" she tweeted on Wednesday, May 7. She added, "Um, @Deadline? Handle yourself," pointing out the site which first reported the supposed recasting.
West, who was rumored being tapped for the role, also addressed it on his own Twitter, writing, "this is news to me.."
Deadline earlier reported that West would replace Short, who announced his departure from the drama series in late April amid his personal issues. The site later explained that it received "a release purported to be from ABC about an actor named Eric West ... replacing troubled Scandal co-star Columbus Short," but it turned out to be "an elaborate hoax."
The 31-year-old actor said in a statement at the time, "At this time I must confirm my exit from a show I've called home for 3 years, with what is the most talented ensemble on television today... I have enjoyed every single minute of it. Everything must come to an end and unfortunately the time has come for Harrison Wright to exit the canvas. I wish nothing but the best for Shonda, Kerry [Washington] and the rest of the cast, who have become like a second family to me in such a short amount of time. For this, I will forever be grateful."
Short is facing some legal issues after allegedly threatening to kill his wife and ending his own life while he was drunk earlier April, and getting arrested after allegedly attacking a man at a restaurant in March.
More Scandal News
- Meghan Markle Wants Prince Harry to Build Her 'Enormous' Shoe Room at Kensington Palace
- Kylie Jenner Licks Khloe Kardashian's Chest in Saucy Pic for 'KUWTK' 10th Anniversary
- Hacker Threatens to Leak 'Orange Is the New Black' Season 5 Unless Netflix Pays Ransom
- Sean Paul Connects With Migos for Epic Beach Party in New Video for 'Body'
- Justin Bieber 'Loves' Popping His Pimples Just to Get Attention
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Will Be Set in Hogwarts Stand-In Location
- Brad Pitt to Have Plactic Surgery as Angelina Jolie Divorce Ruins His Appearance
- ABC's 'Gong Show' Reboot Taps Tommy Maitland or Presumably Mike Myers in Disguise to Host